Pass parameter when start zoom meeting

Hi How are you?

I want to ask if there is a way to add some parameter when open zoom link. The scenario is, we have a lesson with zoom link with recording, and when open the zoom link, I want to add the lesson id to the meeting, so that when recording completed and the webhook triggered, I want to know which lesson these recording files are for. So the meeting link will be used for multiple lessons, so it is better to pass in the lesson id when click the lesson button (open zoom link button). Hope this make sense.

If adding parameter is no possible, then is there a way to start the meeting and then get the uuid and then redirect to zoom app. Thanks.

Best,
Harrison

@webinar,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum and sorry for the missed response. Yes, it is possible to achieve the workflow you described. You can do this by developing your own API, which will allow you to add or remove the necessary parameters.

This is also possible, you can listen for webhooks or make get meeting API request in your backend to get the UUID number.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this.