Passcode necessary for personal meeting room after September 27th?

Hello,

I was wondering if a personal meeting room (not scheduled meeting) for a user must have passcode enabled after September 27th as we still want other users to have access to the room. At the moment the personal meeting ID does not contain passcode. We don’t want users to end up in waiting room.

Hey @hena.master,

Yes, it will require a passcode, but you can set the passcode to be the same every time.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thanks for responding. We are creating users via api, and these users get a personal meeting room by default. How can I set passcode via API

Regards,
Hena

Hey @hena.master,

You can update the users pmi_password via the Update User Settings API.

Request body JSON > schedule_meeting object > pmi_password property

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy,

We tried pmi_password property via the Update User Settings API but we get StatusCode “NoContent” which is StatusCode 204, is that correct or should it be StatusCode 200? See attached image.

Where in GUI can we see/enter passcode for a user? Should we get the encrypted passcode automatically in personal link or will that happen after September 27th?

Hey @hena.master,

Yes that is the correct message, no response body is returned for the Update User Settings API.

You can see the change take affect in the Zoom UI here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

I dont see the option passcode, see image:

I am logged in with developer access.

Thanks,
Hena

Hey @hena.master,

Please also try turning on the passcode setting for instant and scheduled meetings. It should show up after that.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy

still no difference :frowning:

Hey @tommy

We succeeded to set a passcode for a user via the API Update a meeting. The link to the personal meeting room is as follow:

https://mydomain.zoom.us/j/6***********?pwd=cjlsafdam14aXY3bUZTa2NnazlRU01oQT09
The question is if the parameter pwd will be used after September 27th? or will it be changed to passcode or similar?

I guess we still need to update user settings, but is it still necessary to update the pmi_password property?

Thanks,
Hena

Hey @hena.master,

It will remain the same. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.