"Passcode Wrong" Error

@richard.moran,

Have you considered leveraging the default password property option to generate a default password using the user’s settings?

Let me know the results of your testing and please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions,

We are always happy to help!
Donte

Greetings, @richard.moran ,

Just wanted to share the “API enhancements for meeting security” article has been updated and moved under the References section of the API Reference page:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/other-references/meeting-api-security-enhancements

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us!

Best,
Donte

Thanks @donte.zoom, I’ll try adding a password in and see if that helps. I think I’ve found a way that isn’t too arduous for us. Unfortunately, we have a code freeze now until New Year, so I won’t be able to try it for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your help though.

1 Like

@donte.zoom ,

You can replace the password with generating temporary links. You send the link to those interested and the problem with the Password is solved. Here you need to take care of legal regulations collecting email addresses. You have to take into account the region you want to operate in. It may be that a given country will have its own legal regulations. You have to check it.

Regards

@terriamiller22,

Welcome to the Zoom Developer Forum and thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your contribution and are thrilled to have you here!

Best,
Donte

@donte.zoom It worked! Thanks so much for your help, @donte.zoom @MaxM and @tommy

1 Like

Happy New Year, @richard.moran!

Awesome! Glad to hear that resolved the reported behavior! If possible, please share the exact fix here for other community members.

Thank you for choosing Zoom!
Donte

No problem. The fix, in the end, was for me to randomly generate a password and include it in both the API call to create the meeting and the JavaScript to join the meeting. Simply asking to use the waiting room was not enough for all users, but setting a password seems to resolve that issue.

1 Like

You’re the best, @richard.moran! Thank you so much for your contributions!

With Care,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.