"Passcode Wrong" Error

Description
Recently, without us making any changes, all our users faced a “passcode wrong” error message when joining a meeting. I suspected maybe the version we were using (1.9.8) was deprecated so I updated to 2.0.1 but the error is still displaying whenever someone tries to join a meeting in-browser.

Browser Console Error
No new console errors are logged beyond things like the browser looking for .map files for the CSS and JS files.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
1.9.8 and 2.0.1

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://source.zoom.us/[ZoomVersion]/lib', '/av');

const meetConfig = {
	apiKey: '[REMOVED]',
	meetingNumber: '[REMOVED]',
	leaveUrl: '[REMOVED]',
	userName: '[REMOVED]',
	userEmail: '[REMOVED]',
	role: 0
};

ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm();
ZoomMtg.prepareWebSDK();

ZoomMtg.i18n.load('en-US');
ZoomMtg.i18n.reload('en-US');

function getSignature(meetConfig) {
	fetch('[REMOVED]', {
			method: 'POST',
			body: JSON.stringify({ meetingData: meetConfig })
		})
		.then(result => result.text())
		.then(response => {
			ZoomMtg.init({
				leaveUrl: meetConfig.leaveUrl,
				isSupportAV: true,
				success: function() {
					ZoomMtg.join({
						signature: response,
						apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
						meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
						userName: meetConfig.userName,
                        passWord: '',
						userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail, 
						error(res) { 
							console.log(res) 
						}
					})		
				}
			})
	})
}
    getSignature(meetConfig);

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Attempt to join a meeting
  2. The error “Passcode Wrong” is shown with a password box.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Any
  • Browser: Any

Additional context
We have been using this without issue for over a year, this issue suddenly started happening without us changing the code.

Can anyone help with this? It’s causing problems for a large number of our clients.

Hey @richard.moran ,

I know this is a silly question, but have you checked the meeting passcode? Perhaps it changed.

Does your meeting require a passccode?

I am not able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

We don’t create meetings with passcodes, we just use the waiting room, so seeing this message is very surprising.

Can anyone help? This has been broken for over a week now and I can’t seem to fix it.

Any help here would be amazing. If we can’t fix it, we’ll be forced to remove functionality for our clients, which is far from ideal.

Hey @richard.moran,

My apologies for the delay. First, as a test, are you seeing this with the Sample Web App? If not, you may be able to use that app as a reference.

If you’re seeing the same issue with the sample app, I’m thinking this is related to the meeting settings. If so, please submit a ticket through our Developer Support Center and include a link to this thread as well as the Meeting ID where you’re seeing this issue.

From there, I’ll work to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM for your help. This has inexplicably started working again. We haven’t changed anything, but it seems fine once more. Were they any issues with Zoom services in the last week or so?

Hey @richard.moran,

Thank you for the update here. I’m not aware of any changes to the backend or the SDK recently but I’m glad to hear it seems to be working now!

If you encounter this going forward, please reach out and we’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi Max,

Turns out this is still happening, but not consistently. It happens for meeting ID but not for. I can’t see what the difference is, can you?

Thanks,
Richard

Any news @MaxM or @tommy on why this happens for some meetings but not others?

@MaxM @tommy Anything you can do to help me here would be hugely appreciated.