Past Meeting Details Fails

Description
When calling: /past_meetings/{meetingID} or /past_meetings/{meetingUUID} with either the UUID of Zh/6g6FYQReVvV/u0AbNGw== or id of 145714053,

I get:

3001 code: This meeting is not available or ID is not valid

This only happens with one of my meetings, which makes me think something about that specific meeting/UUID/ID is causing issues.

The API says I should only have to double-encode if the first UUID character is a / or there are double slashes (//). I’ve seen other threads point to double-encoding, but that hasn’t worked either.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingdetails

**How To Reproduce **

1. Get a meeting ID and UUID from a call to users/{user}/recordings
  2. Make a call to past_meetings/:meetingUUID with that meeting UUID
  3. If that doesn’t work, make a call to past_meetings/:meetingID with meeting id

What I tried:
I got the same results when I tried -
Single-encoding the UUID: Zh%2F6g6FYQReVvV%2Fu0AbNGw%3D%3D%0A

Double-encoding (Taking the single-ecoded UUID and encoding again): Zh%252F6g6FYQReVvV%252Fu0AbNGw%253D%253D

Double-encoding only the /s in the UUID: Zh%252F6g6FYQReVvV%252Fu0AbNGw==

Hey @nate123,

Has this meeting been deleted?

I see no records of Zh/6g6FYQReVvV/u0AbNGw== in our system.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, thanks for your reply. Strange, the uuid and id seem to have changed for that meeting since yesterday. The updated info is below. I still run into the same 3001 This meeting is not available or ID is not valid. error when querying with the updated uuid and id, though.

Note: This meeting comes from another Zoom account I manage (yesandbymarin@gmail.com) – not the account that is associated with my user here.

relevant response from calling {{baseUrl}}/users/:userId/meetings

{
    "page_count": 1,
    "page_number": 1,
    "page_size": 30,
    "total_records": 6,
    "meetings": [
        {
            "uuid": "mfj9kSbxRtaDiD5AAT1uiA==",
            "id": 802381286,
            "host_id": "U-4ZwFrTTiyIqnrwxsYxWw",
            "topic": "Meeting Hosted By non-Calabrio User ",
            "type": 2,
            "start_time": "2020-04-03T21:00:00Z",
            "duration": 60,
            "timezone": "America/Chicago",
            "agenda": "This meeting was created by a Zoom Pro user that doesn't have a c1 account (yesandbymarin@gmail.com) \n- Ty",
            "created_at": "2020-04-03T20:39:45Z",
            "join_url": "https://us02web.zoom.us/j/802381286"
        },

Full error response when I call: {{baseUrl}}/past_meetings/mfj9kSbxRtaDiD5AAT1uiA== and {{baseUrl}}/past_meetings/802381286

{
    "code": 3001,
    "message": "This meeting is not available or ID is not valid."
}
1 Like

@nate123 and @tommy

Hello Nate,

I observed the same issue. The UUID we get from using the GET /users/{UserId}/meetings is not the meeting UUID. Its something else.

I get the same error as you get when i try to get the data from it.

{ "code": 3001, "message": "This meeting's details info is not available or ID is not valid." }

But here is an alternative. Use the Metrics meetings API and you will get the correct UUID for the meeting.

https://umich.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings?from=2020-04-07&to=2020-04-08&page_size=20&type=past

But I would still like to know from Zoom team , why the UUID from the /users/{UserId}/meetings is not working.

Thanks
Kranthi

Hey @kranthibandaru, @nate123,

The meetingUUID does change once the meeting starts.

Make sure you are using the latest meetingUUID to call the past_meetings participants, reports, and dashboard endpoints.

After a meeting ends, you can get the meetingUUIDs from the Get Past Meeting Instances, List Meetings endpoint (like @kranthibandaru mentioned), or meeting ended webhook.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy and @nate123,

Thank you for the update.

I was researching more and found the following API endpoint more useful to retrieve the list of all the meetings scheduled by a user.

https://umich.zoom.us/v2/report/users/{userId}/meetings?type=past&from=2020-04-01

The UserId can be email or UUID of the user as defined in Zoom system. Hope it helps.

Is there a better way of listing all the meetings for a user? The endpoint you mentioned

Get Past Meeting Instances

takes meeting UUID as path parameter but we first need to get the right meeting UUID to use the mentioned endpoint? Any thoughts?

@tommy: Could you please let me know if there is an API that will let the admins know the list of all the meetings that a user has scheduled + attended.

Thanks
Kranthi

1 Like

Hey @kranthibandaru,

Yes, you can list live and upcoming meetings with the Get Users Meetings endpoint.

Scheduled:

Get Users Meetings endpoint.

Attended:
You can only get info about meetings a user hosted.

Thanks,
Tommy