Persistent non-admin credentials?

Description
I’ve written a script that generates a new meeting on my account. Very simple. I’d like to be able to run that script whenever I want, so I can easily paste a new meeting into chat without having to click any buttons. In order to do this, I’ve set up a JWT app with my organization. However, as far as I can tell, those JWT creds are required to be admin creds. I do not want admin creds, I only want to be able to create meetings for my account and no one else’s.

So, I looked at the OAuth options, but an OAuth’d app has to refresh credentials on the regular or you have to to re-auth. If I’m only running this script a couple times a day, I really don’t want to have to re-signin every time.

Is it possible to do what I want? Have persistent credentials on my machine that are not admin credentials? Alternatively, is there a way I can script the zoom app itself to give me the meeting I want? I’m already signed in persistently there, so if I could just ask it to spit a valid meeting id at me that would solve my problem.

Cheers,

-MacRae

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT, presently, but that’s kind of the issue.

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /users/{userid}/meeting

Hey @macrael,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, we don’t support user-level JWT credentials. On that same note, there isn’t a supported way to script a Zoom client in order to create a meeting.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you Max, so does that mean there’s no way to accomplish what I want here? No way to have a script on my machine that can generate meetings without admin credentials? The way to do it currently would be to write an application that performed OAuth to log me in?

Hey @macrael,

Thank you for your question. That’s correct. Either you can use a JWT App that offers account-level access or you can use an OAuth App that would allow you to scope access but would require that you keep your access_token up-to-date or consistently re-authorize your application.

If you did write a local script to accomplish this, then you could write a daemon-style application that runs in the background and automatically uses the refresh_token to keep the authorization valid. However, it’s important to note that without publishing an OAuth app to the marketplace, it can only be installed by users on your account.

I hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Thank you very much, this is very clear.

-MacRae

Hey @macrael,

I’m happy to hear that answered your question! Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.