Phone Call Out Using API

Hi, I was wondering if your zoom api has the feature to initiate a dial-in to an intercom system using existing TIFs (telephone interfaces)

Hi @jason.kornegay
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community,
I do not believe we have an endpoint that allows you dial-in to an intercom.
Here is the link to our Phone APIs

Is there any ability to place a call on behalf of a user ( and trigger on their physical phone ) without the need of Zoom Desktop Client? I genuinely don’t understand why thats a requirement when I can make account breaking changes via API but not place a call on their behalf without your middleman application. Or am I missing something?

Hi @ctc.aaron
No, you are not missing anything.
Unfortunately, we do not have an endpoint that will allow you to trigger phone calls on behalf of a user.
Please, feel free to make a feature request here:

That is unfortunate. That seems like such a huge oversight. We are exploring switching from Avaya to Zoom and to be required so much extra configuration just to have a mediocre solution to this issue is rather disappointing.

Sorry to hear that our solution does not fit your needs, we are working hard to make your developer experience better

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.