Phone.caller_call_log_completed doesn't allow distinguishing between voicemails and actual missed calls

Description
Zoom has email notifications for new voicemails on a queue, but it doesn’t have notifications for when the queue members miss calls and the caller does NOT leave a voicemail.

I’m trying to work around this by using the phone.caller_call_log_completed phone event in a webhook-only app and just pass the information to my ticketing system. It works nicely, except that missed calls that DO go to voicemail now get duplicated emails (hence duplicated tickets in my ticketing system).

Error
call_logs[0].result == “No Answer” and has_voicemail == false (even though it should be true).

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
webhook-only

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a call queue that sends voicemails to the main auto receptionist’s extension’s voicemail, and add a user to the queue
  2. Create a webhook-only app
  3. Subscribe to “Callee call log completed” in the list
  4. Inspect the requests sent to your handler when you call the queue and leave a voicemail
    EXPECTED: Either has_voicemail should be true, or the result should somehow indicate it’s gone to voicemail
    ACTUAL: there’s no way to distinguish it from a real missed call so you can’t avoid duplicating tickets with the voicemails.

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
Any other workarounds are welcome. Ideally the zoom UI would allow email notifications for queue missed calls just like voicemails too, so if that’s already in the works then this whole ticket would be obsolete ;).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.