Phone webhook call events not received when Zoom app not active

Description
I’m subscribed to phone.callee_ringing, phone.callee_answered, phone.callee_missed, phone.callee_ended events. If I have the Zoom app open on the iPhone (the only device for the number being called) then I receive the expected phone.callee_ringing, followed by phone.callee_answered, and finally phone.callee_ended events.

Error
If the Zoom app is in the background or the iPhone is locked, I receive the call notification on the iPhone and answer the call but the only webhook sent is phone.callee_missed even though the call was answered.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
phone.callee_ringing, phone.callee_answered, phone.callee_ended, phone.callee_missed

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Set up a Zoom account with a single user with the iPhone Zoom app as the device
  2. Register a webhook app for phone.callee_ringing, phone.callee_answered, phone.callee_ended, phone.callee_missed
  3. From the iPhone, leave the iPhone app open
  4. From a second phone, place a call and answer it on the iPhone
  5. Verify that the phone.callee_ringing, phone.callee_answered, and phone.callee_ended events are sent
  6. On the iPhone, return to the home screen and lock the screen
  7. From a second phone, place a call and answer it on the iPhone
  8. Check the sent webhooks, the expectation is that the phone.callee_ringing, phone.callee_answered, and phone.callee_ended should be sent as it’s the same scenario. However, the only event sent is phone.callee_missed even though it was answered.

Hi @tommyodom ,

Thanks for sharing this detailed breakdown of your current user experience. Can you please reference this post for next steps?

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/we-are-not-receiving-webhooks-as-expected-heres-what-to-do/64846/2

Best,
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.