postMessage api send payload to remote participant connected with Zoom Apps onMessage event?

Hi,

zoomSdk.postMessage(payload) sends the payload to connected Zoom JSSDK App remote participants bonded zoomSdk.onMessage((payload)=>console.log(payload));

If not, how can Zoom JSSDK instance communicate with remote connected/installed app participants?

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Can you clarify your question? Are you looking for an alternative method to communicate between instances? Currently, using postMessage and onMessage are the only methods that we have.

@MaxM I am just asking that lets if

From Participant ā€˜Aā€™ we use zoomSdk.postMessage(payload) & from Participant ā€˜Bā€™ we have

zoomSdk.onMessage((payload) => { console.log('-- can that payload will be received here? --> ',payload) });

Is it possible :point_up_2:

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying! Those functions only pass messages between instances running on the same machine. If you wanted to communicate between participants I recommend configuring a socket server.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

What machine is that? A userā€™s computer running the Zoom client? Or a server in Zoomā€™s data center?

Iā€™m looking for a conceptual / architectural introduction to the messaging described in the ā€œApp Instances Communicationā€ section of the Zoom Apps SDK reference. For example, what is the ā€œmain clientā€ referred to in these snippets?

"Allows the App to communicate with the instance of the app running on the main client."

"the instance of the app that is running in the meeting must communicate with the instance of the app running in the main client"

And what is meant by ā€œthe instanceā€¦ running in the meetingā€?

Finally, what is the ā€œmirrored appā€ in:

"Send a message with the current state of the mirrored app"

I feel like there is an architecture implied but never really described in any of the guidesā€¦ did I miss a document? A picture would be awesome.

Thank you

2 Likes