`presence_status` is not included in the contacts response sometimes

Description
presence_status is not included in the contact sometimes.
We fetch Zoom contacts using /contacts endpoint.
However very rarely the contacts will not contain presense_status. Here is an example of the payload we get for a specific contact:

{
  "id": "***",
  "email": "*****",
  "first_name": "*****",
  "last_name": "*****",
  "phone_number": "*****",
  "sip_phone_number": "*****",
  "direct_numbers": "*****",
  "extension_number": "*****",
  "dept": "*****"
}

We make the request with query_presence_status: true so the presence status should be defined and for most requests it is, but sometimes it is missing.

Is there any explanation for this behaviour or this is a bug?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @ostap,

Thanks for raising this—happy to look into this further for you.

Can you confirm if these contacts were external contacts by any chance? It’s possible that this is why you’re not seeing the presence status.

Let me know when you have a chance—thanks!
Will

Hello,

Are there any other fields that indicate the contact is external? But I am not sure that this is the case.
Wouldn’t the issue happen all the time if this was the case, as currently, it happens only sometimes?
I can see that similar requests in other times do contain presence_status for the same zoom user.

Hey @ostap,

Thanks for clarifying these additional details—I agree, it doesn’t sound like it’s a matter of external contacts.

Can I kindly ask that you share an example of one of the requests with us at developersupport@zoom.us so that we can further investigate? Please include the request URL, body, and user details.

Thank you,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.