Prevent the registration prompt showing when joining a webinar on Android

Hello, we’re using a modified version of the Zoom Ionic SDK and need help understanding how to avoid prompting a user to register for a webinar on Android when joining.

Essentially how to accomplish what’s described here, only for Android:

Thanks in advance.

Hi alex1,

Thanks for the post. If you would like to do the same process as mentioned in the quoted post, you may implement the same callback https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/InMeetingServiceListener.html#onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail-us.zoom.sdk.InMeetingEventHandler-

@Override
        public void onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail(InMeetingEventHandler inMeetingEventHandler) {
            for (CommonEvent event : callbacks) {
                event.onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail(inMeetingEventHandler);
            }
        }

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank you Carson.

I modified Zoom.java to implement InMeetingServiceListener and have the onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail listener triggering. I need to import CommonEvent though. Is there a simple import I can use for that? Also, callbacks isn’t defined. Can you point to an example of onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail being used?

I have two additional questions for you please:

How can I customize the meeting title in Android? For iOS, I can use:
MobileRTCMeetingService *ms = [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingService];
[ms customizeMeetingTitle:meetingTitle];

And, is there a way to control the orientation in Android? The webinar launches as a landscape view in portrait mode on the phone. We’d like to match the experience on iOS and launch the webinar in portrait mode.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi alex1,

Thanks for the reply. We have the usage of onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail in our demo app, you may refer to https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdksample/inmeetingfunction/customizedmeetingui/MyMeetingActivity.java#L1017

Regarding the 2 additional questions:

1. It is possible to customize the meeting title(if you mean the meeting number display in the topbar), there is a field in MeetingOption called custom_meeting_id(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingOptions.html#custom_meeting_id), if you change that, the meeting number shown in the UI will display the customized string.
  2. Our webinar supports both portrait and landscape and it depends on the device orientation. We do not have any interfaces to change the orientation in our SDK since it is not related to our SDK. The following link could be useful if you are interested in locking or changing the orientation in Android:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the response. We were able to customize the meeting title using your instructions.

I’ve implemented onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail and am calling inMeetingEventHandler.setRegisterWebinarInfo as described but the registration prompt continues to show and the display name and email fields are both empty. There must be something more to the implementation besides what’s happening inside of onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail. Any additional help would be appreciated.

It looks like all the urls you included focus on orientation on iOS. Any reference you can share for Android as that’s the target platform we’re struggling with.

Thanks again,
Alex

Hi alex1,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have just tested the Android demo app and I will use the Android demo app as an example for this use case, you may migrate it to the Ionic SDK for the same concept:

1. Before joining a meeting, add a JoinMeettingOptions like this, and don’t forget to use the joinMeetingWithParams(context, parameters, options) interface:
 JoinMeetingOptions opts = ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.getJoinMeetingOptions();
 opts.no_webinar_register_dialog = true;
  1. In the CustomZoomUIActivity class(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdksample/inmeetingfunction/zoommeetingui/CustomZoomUIActivity.java), add implements InMeetingServiceListener, and in onCreate, add the following code:
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getInMeetingService().addListener(this);
  1. Implement the callback to handle the join webinar need username and email case:
@Override
    public void onJoinWebinarNeedUserNameAndEmail(InMeetingEventHandler inMeetingEventHandler) {
}

By doing the above steps, the pop up will not show and the registration information will be provided automatically.

Regarding the device orientation, sorry I was answering an iOS SDK question before I replied to you so I made a mistake here. Here are some references to set device orientation on Android:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Carson, we were able to hide the registration modal with your help. The missing piece was the opts.no_webinar_register_dialog = true bit.

Thanks again!

Hi alex1,

Glad to hear that it is working! Let me know if you have any other questions.

BTW, the Ionic SDK is a community project(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ionic), the contribution is always welcome.

Thanks! Happy Zooming!