Problem trying to download video using recording.completed webhook info

__

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
recording.completed webhook
docs/api-reference/zoom-api/events/#operation/recording.completed

Description
I’m trying to download a file after the recording.completed webhook is triggered.

This is the response I get when the webhook is triggered, which is different from the documentation (I removed the audio and timeline recordings info so it doesn’t get too big):

I had to remove the h t t p s because I cannot include more than one link :frowning:

{“payload”:
{“account_id”:“jBcRv6wHQFKUplM8hnZa0g”,
“object”:{
“recording_play_passcode”:“KOkgr46MyU-2ZeVHD9tJy9fWFG2-5mUL”,
“timezone”:“America/Mexico_City”,
“recording_files”:[
{“play_url”:“Passcode Required - Zoom”,
“meeting_id”:“YPXrkzbUQCWc+6zxyneJIg==”,
“file_type”:“MP4”,
“recording_type”:“shared_screen_with_speaker_view”,
download_url”:“here goes a very large u r l which I cannot include here”,
“file_extension”:“MP4”,
“id”:“6e2663e9-61f2-4020-8d19-056e36fd2e27”,
“file_size”:2322759,
“recording_start”:“2023-02-21T08:45:16Z”,
“recording_end”:“2023-02-21T08:45:49Z”,
“status”:“completed”}],
“total_size”:2848822,
“recording_count”:3,
“type”:2,
“uuid”:“YPXrkzbUQCWc+6zxyneJIg==”,
“host_id”:“jnchN-qfQjGQOyVSH1N9Pw”,
“duration”:0,
“start_time”:“2023-02-21T08:45:16Z”,
“password”:“?9!mcNym”,
“on_prem”:false,
“account_id”:“jBcRv6wHQFKUplM8hnZa0g”,
“share_url”:“here goes a very large u r l which I cannot include here”,
“topic”:“Interview John Doe”,
“id”:87501906674,
host_email":"myEmail@myEmail.com”}
},
download_token”:“eyJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJodHRwczovL2V2ZW50Lnpvb20udXMiLCJhY2NvdW50SWQiOiJqQmNSdjZ3SFFGS1VwbE04aG5aYTBnIiwiYXVkIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9vYXV0aC56b29tLnVzIiwibWlkIjoiWVBYcmt6YlVRQ1djKzZ6eHluZUpJZz09IiwiZXhwIjoxNjc3MDU1NjIzLCJ1c2VySWQiOiJqbmNoTi1xZlFqR1FPeVZTSDFOOVB3In0.XQa2IYxopeoxThOf7BR79ZGjFzfpJp2isHl0fNWjdvxLsnfxskC6cFD3zaj56kpNRq1Y0JxbGoKoSEVccL5P6Q”,
“event_ts”:1676969208856,“event”:“recording.completed”}

if I copy/pase the download_url in a browser, adding the “access_token= {download_token}” I get an invalid key message. If I don’t add the “access_token” parameter, then I’m redirected to another page where I can enter the passcode and watch the video, however, what I need is to DOWNLOAD the video.

If I try to download it using cURL like it’s specified on the documentation, nothing happens:

curl --request GET
–url ‘here goes a very large u r l which I cannot include here’
–header 'authorization: Bearer eyJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJodHRwczovL2V2ZW50Lnpvb20udXMiLCJhY2NvdW50SWQiOiJqQmNSdjZ3SFFGS1VwbE04aG5aYTBnIiwiYXVkIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9vYXV0aC56b29tLnVzIiwibWlkIjoiWVBYcmt6YlVRQ1djKzZ6eHluZUpJZz09IiwiZXhwIjoxNjc3MDU1NjIzLCJ1c2VySWQiOiJqbmNoTi1xZlFqR1FPeVZTSDFOOVB3In0.XQa2IYxopeoxThOf7BR79ZGjFzfpJp2isHl0fNWjdvxLsnfxskC6cFD3zaj56kpNRq1Y0JxbGoKoSEVccL5P6Q
–header ‘content-type: application/json’

In the documentation, a field called file_name it’s mentioned, but it’s not present on this response.

Am I using an incorrect webhook? How can I get the actual download URL to the file?

Any help will be really appreciated.

P.S. I’m using java
Error?
invalid download Key (-1)

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body
Add a recording.completed webhook, setup the endpoint url, get the response

This is the download_url, I think it’s probably relevant since I noticed that it starts different from other download_url’s I’ve seen on this forum:

“download_url”:“Passcode Required - Zoom

I mean, it starts with https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/webhook_download/

Also, if I try to download the file without sending any headers, what I get is an html file/result (and I need to download the actual video file)

Any help will be really appreciated

Hi @sergiomn
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Let me do some testing on my end and I will come back with an update shortly.
Best,
Elisa