Problem with the app installation to the same account

Description

1. We have created an app that has access to chat messages. Note that the app is not published yet. We want to install this application to the same account without publishing in order to test API.
  2. When trying to install an app, we are receiving an error message saying that “an account admin is required to install this type of app”.
  3. It’s not immediately clear how an admin - i.e. myself - would be able to do that - we would appreciate further guidance on this matter.
  4. At the same time, as part of the app creation process, we have also encountered an issue with generating a publishable URL (see screenshot attached).

Error
You cannot authorize the app. An account admin is required to install this type of app. Please contact your admin or IT administrator to install this app.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
We can not use any endpoints on this stage.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

1. Create an app.
  2. Go to activation menu.
  3. Click install button.
  4. See the error message: “You cannot authorize the app”

Screenshots (If applicable)
Publishable URL, generate button is not active:

Hey @dmitrii,

Thanks for sharing these details.

First, in regards to installing the app locally, I should note that Chatbot apps are Account-Level apps. This means that when you go to install them, it will be installed for all users on the account. Can you confirm that you’re either the Account Owner or an Admin on your Zoom account? You can verify this here.

Regarding not being able to generate a Publishable URL, you will need to first provide a Redirect URL for production in your app settings (see orange text). Once you do this, you should no longer have an issues.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

We tried to install app using admin account:

but with no luck, error “You cannot authorize app” again:
You cannot authorize the app
You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again.
View all users’ chat channels
View all users’ history and channels
View all users’ chat messages

Hey @alexander.alexeev,

You need to either have a Zoom Admin on your account install the app, or have a Zoom Admin give you the respective permissions in a role here: https://zoom.us/role#/

Thanks,
Tommy

As you can see on screenshot above I’m Admin and I’m getting error “You cannot authorize app”

Hey @alexander.alexeev,

Thanks for pointing that out! :slight_smile: Can you share a screenshot of the page that has the unable to install error message on it?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @alexander.alexeev,

Looking at your Admin account, you do not have the following permissions enabled:

Please have your Account Owner navigate here and enable the respective permissions.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.