Deciding on the correct pricing plan

Description
I am sorry for this question, I understand that this is not the correct forum for this but I have not been able to get a proper answer anywhere and I figured this would help anyone looking to integrate ZOOM using APIs.

I am working on a project to create a web application capable of providing live courses/webinars thus making it a consolidated place for educational material related to any topic of interest. I plan on scheduling webinars and meetings for the webinar and live courses respectively. As far as I was able to gather from reading the API resource, the following shall be workflow:

• I add the user with the email available to me (as he already has an account on my web app) to my account.
  • The account type shall be licensed in case I want him to be able to schedule webinars and courses.
  • Then I add the registrants to the webinars or the live course meetings after creating a basic user account for them.

I would like to know if the above approach is fine or there should be some other path I should take to accomplish the desired functionality.

The question that I would like to ask is what should be the plan I should be buying based on the above usability pointers and the following specifications:

• In case I use autocreate/cust create
  • In case I use just create

It would be very helpful in case all these queries are attended

Error
None

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT.

Which Endpoint/s?
NA.

Hi @amarkaushik1999,

You’ve actually come to the right place, and good questions. Happy to help clarify!

Your understanding so far is correct. The best way to do this would be to provision users under your own account, which can be done via API.

• I add the user with the email available to me (as he already has an account on my web app) to my account.
  • The account type shall be licensed in case I want him to be able to schedule webinars and courses.

Correct. In order to host, you will want these users to be licensed.

• Then I add the registrants to the webinars or the live course meetings after creating a basic user account for them.

Yes. However, I should clarify that can register guests for Zoom Meetings as well. If users won’t be hosting, and are just participating, you do not need to create a user for them under your account. You can register them by email and name using the Add Meeting Registrant endpoint (or Webinar):
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate

In regards to your other question:

The question that I would like to ask is what should be the plan I should be buying based on the above usability pointers and the following specifications:

• In case I use autocreate/cust create
  • In case I use just create

If you use the standard user create method, you only need a Pro plan. If you wish to use autoCreate, this requires an Enterprise plan.

In order to use custCreate, this requires an ISV plan (you can reach out to isv@zoom.us).

I hope this information helps!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

Thank you very much for your reply,

Some follow up questions:

1. Is there a limit to the number of users we can add under one account?
  2. If we associate a user with our account and kind of upgrade him to a licensed user, does that incur any extra charges apart from the pro plan?
  3. Once the user is added to our account, will he be able to use the paid services apart from through our website as well?

Another thing I wanted to ask is if there is sort of a free trial available which I can use for developing the applications, a better way to put this would be if there is a time period which I could use for just developing the application and then start paying for it once I actually launch the website?

Hi @amarkaushik1999,

Good questions, happy to clarify.

1. Is there a limit to the number of users we can add under one account?

One account can have 9,999 users.

1. If we associate a user with our account and kind of upgrade him to a licensed user, does that incur any extra charges apart from the pro plan?

As long as you have enough licenses under your account, there are no additional fees. Zoom pricing is per host license.

1. Once the user is added to our account, will he be able to use the paid services apart from through our website as well?

A licensed user under your account will have access to the services that their license provides them. If a user is not licensed, they will face restrictions on meeting duration, participants, etc.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.