Q&A Report API - empty questions issue

Description
When running a GET Request on the Report Q&A API, I sometimes get an empty result on the question details, while the CSV Export on the GUI shows the questions.
We have many Webinars where it works fine (CSV & API have the same result), but also some where it have a different result.

Error
There is no error message - Return HTTP 200 OK. But the data array “question_details” is empty - but the Excel export shows data.
{
“name”: “ExampleFirst & Lastname”,
“email”: “my_dummy_email at xyz dot com”,
“question_details”:
},

Which Endpoint/s?
v2/report/webinars/:webinarId/qa

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/webinars/99412543851/qa
    webinarId: e.g. 99412543851
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
api-zoom-result|690x399

Additional context

Hey @sven

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

The related thread do not help on this issue.
Please have a human look at this :slight_smile:

Just to confirm what we are also experiencing this same issue - for some of the webinars the Q&A endpoint returns just the names and emails of askers, without the questions. In addition, if there are anonymous questions, there is no record at all in the returned JSON data.

Two examples of webinars which experience this problem (both were performed on 30 September, but this also happens with webinars on other dates):

The respective API endpoints are
https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/webinars/88917290536/qa
https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/webinars/87810290857/qa

The issue remains the same if we provide the webinar instance UUID instead of the numeric ID in the calls.

The Q&A reports from the Zoom web portal include the questions texts, so the data seems to be available in Zoom, it’s just that the API does not return it.

It looks like a current bug in Zoom, so someone should take a look at this urgently.

Hi v.hristov

I can’t access your webinar Ids (88917290536 / 87810290857) - my example is: 99412543851.

But the description of the issue is correct.

Hi Sven,

It’s OK that you cannot access the webinar IDs I have provided, as these events are not in your account.

I have provided these so that the Zoom guys can confirm that the problem exists and is not limited to only your or our accounts.

Hey @sven @v.hristov,

Thank you for raising this with us—this seems like a bug, and our team is looking into it (ZOOM-203275).

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Thanks, @will.zoom,

Please keep up updated as to the progress on this issue, including what conditions in the webinar triggers it, so that we know which are the impacted events before the bug is fixed.

Hey @v.hristov As soon as I have an update on what causes this, and a solution, I’ll follow up here. Thanks!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Just wanted to check on the status of the issue (ZOOM-203275) and whether it has been resolved with the recent API updates - API updates 10.18.20

Many thanks,
Ventsislav

Hi @v.hristov,

We believe we’ve fixed this in our latest release. Please let me know if you see any issues still.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks, @will.zoom

Does this fix applies retroactively to older webinars?
It looks like it fixed the missing questions without answers, but for one webinar the REST API still does not return questions from anonymous attendees.

The webinar ID with this issue is 88917290536, from 30 September. There are 2 anonymous questions which are present in the Q&A report from the Zoom web portal, but do not appear in the REST API results for https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/webinars/88917290536/qa

Hey @v.hristov,

Thanks for the additional details on this webinar. We’re looking into it.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.