Question - Listen for host on/off video command

Description
Does the MacOS SDK support listening to the on and off video commands sent by the host for custom UI? It doesn’t appear to work in the sample and I can’t see it anywhere in the docs but just want to verify.

I notice it works if you start the SDK up with the default UI so the SDK under the hood supports it but not sure if its been exposed correctly to custom UIs.

Which version?
ZoomSDK Version: 5.0.1 (24433.0616)

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the post. You could use the following interface to mute/unmute the video

(ZoomSDKError)actionMeetingWithCmd:(ActionMeetingCmd)cmd userID:(unsigned int)userID onScreen:(ScreenType)screen;

and passing the following parameters:

• ActionMeetingCmd_MuteVideo
  • ActionMeetingCmd_UnMuteVideo

Regarding the listener/callbacks you are looking, let me circle back to the engineering team about this and get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yep I saw that and it works for controlling the default zoom client. But there is know call back firing if the zoom client or sdk client sent that command to a specific user.

Thanks for checking with the engineering team.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi @timazed,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked with the engineering team and currently we do not have a callback for this. We will add this in the next release.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Great - Thanks for checking with the team.

Cheers,
Tim

1 Like

Glad to be helpful. Please follow our Github repo for any updates. I’m going to close this post and if you have any other questions or inquires, please feel free to create another post.

Thanks!