[Question] What is the purpose of configuration URL for apps?

I was referring to the submission checklist

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/app-submission/submission-checklist

Point number 13 says:

A Configuration URL should be set to allow users to easily access configuration settings for the app/integration within the Zoom Marketplace. This is particularly important for apps which have chosen the “Install from Landing Page” feature.

For my app I have chosen the “Install from Landing Page” option. It has a “Add to Zoom” button on the landing page

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 12.37.44 PM

So Zoom documentation reccomends adding a configuration URL. However I have not set any configuration URL because I do not understand why it is required for my app. My app only does 1 thing:

1. Listen for “recording completed webhook events” and upload the recording to our cloud servers so that it can be streamed on demand for users.

Installation happens via the landing page and uninstallation happens from the Zoom Marketplace. No additional configuration is required for my app.

Can someone please let me know what functionality should I add in the configuration URL?

Sidenote

I am asking this question because my review was rejected and I was asked to make changes. The review email mentioned ‘Please check out this App Submission Checklist prior to next submission for review’. However it did not mention which point from the checklist was not fulfilled. So now I am going through the checklist one by one and posting questions on the forum.

@ Zoom Team: Is it possible for me to know the exact point(s) from the checklist that I have missed out on?

@tommy Can you please help me with this?

Hey @subodh.malgonde,

The configuration url is shown after you install an app on the “Manage” tab.

A Configuration URL should be set to allow users to easily access configuration settings for the app/integration within the Zoom Marketplace. This is particularly important for apps which have chosen the “Install from Landing Page” feature.

From your use case, it does not sound like you need one.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like