Random Black screen no errors 1.7.8

This is very bad. Essentially, embedded client is useless with this. I hope somebody from zoom can comment on it and explain.

We also experience this issue since at least version 1.7.7 (included - we did not test with previous versions unfortunately)

• We can reproduce this error 100% of the time by using a high CPU spec chrome box for the host.
  • We never reproduce this error with a low CPU spec chrome box for the host.
  • The video stream works no matter the bug appear, thus look lilke a UI bug, and a race condition one.

I did not inspect the code but would definitely give a try to @darragh.duffy last comment about async / await depending on what you found during that troubleshooting session.

This is also a critical issue for our business.

Hi all,

I try to join zoom video last two days.

I am used latest version 1.7.9

While join meeting using web sdk I got Black screen.

Please where I did mistake or Mistake from API Side ?

Hi Folks,

I can say that the Zoom engineers reached out to me. In fairness to them then spent a lot of time with me on Friday last looking at the issue. I now believe they have a solution, I tested a version yesterday 1.7.9.x and it passed all my tests.

Thanks again to the Zoom Engineers to taking the time to run through the issue.

-Darragh.

1 Like

This is good news. I’ve had pretty bad results getting consistent or any information on the Web SDK. Do you happen to know for exactly which version a fix was provided? Is it the CDN hosted 1.7.9 and the “secret” (not documented anywhere I could find except in a buried forum thread) 1.7.9.1 for doing development testing?

Thank you!

1 Like

Where can i find that 1.7.9.x links ? Please share

…can you tell me how to fix this?
thx in advance!
hari

Hi All,

The Zoom engineers provided a “beta” version for me to test. They will provide a production version as soon as possible. I am also waiting for this production version, and currently I am running 1.7.7 in our production environment. I can say that the “beta” version 1.7.9.X fixed the issue during tests. I have not taken this beta version and applied to our production.

Hey @darragh.duffy, @harald.glanzer, @vijayk.kannan, @flippyhead, @Y-BS, @nvivot, @afadeyev,

Version 1.7.10 was just released addressing the black screen and recaptcha issues with some domains.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed random video black screen in meeting.
  2. Fixed recaptcha don’t work on some domain.

Please upgrade to 1.7.10:

Thanks,
Tommy

3 Likes

We confirm that 1.7.10 fixed the black screen error we got when hosting meeting with high CPU spec chrome boxes.

At least before this release we could reproduce 100% of time the issue, now after multiple tests we could not reproduce it.

Thanks for the update !

1 Like

You are welcome @nvivot! :slight_smile:

-Tommy