Random Black screen no errors 1.7.8

Hello @vijayk.kannan if you have concerns about billing related to this issue with the WebSDK.
You will need to reach out to your Zoom Customer Service Manager (or Zoom Customer Support) to initiate that conversation privately please.

Hello!

Instance: WordPress website

1. Web sdk version 1.7.8 was integrated and worked fine, except the no video in browser until host screen shares issue

2. Updated to 1.7.9 via npm i @zoomus/websdk and update reflected in package.json

3. Issue mentioned at first point in this comment persists

Please let me know if more info required or if I am doing something wrong.

P.S.: In the sample app I noticed you split index.js into index.js and meeting.js, should I do anything different in the the above mentioned WordPress integration because of this?

P.P.S.: My initial issue in 1.7.8, before the update, is detailed here . I decided to post in this thread since it is a very similar issue and there are more eyes on it and thus more users may benefit if a solution is found.

aaand… I also can’t get the 1.7.9 sample app to work locally - copied API key and secret bu nothing happens, just a black screen, no controls at all.

1 Like

I also upgraded to 1.7.9 and the issue is still not fixed. @tommy

1 Like

I think its related to the error below:

react-dom.development.js:506 Warning: NaN is an invalid value for the width css style property.
in canvas (created by b)
in div (created by b)
in div (created by b)
in b (created by O)
in O (created by S)
in div (created by S)
in div (created by S)
in div (created by S)
in div (created by S)
in S (created by O)
in O (created by x)
in div (created by x)
in div (created by x)
in x (created by O)
in O (created by h)
in h (created by O)
in O (created by s)
in div (created by s)
in s (created by O)
in O (created by d)
in t (created by d)
in d

We see the same here. Was hoping that 1.7.9 would fix, but we still see black screen if someone joins and there is no current screen share (video only). If you share screen and then exit, corrected for all current users, but any new users see black screen until next screen share.

Thank you for sharing feedback that 1.7.9 did not resolve the empty video join issue.
We’ve shared this information with our engineers and they’re investigating the root cause further.

@subscriptions1 @mchrenko @flippyhead @SamHarper @bkirk @eperture.dev @sales1 @qun @developer-whova @vijayk.kannan @conradwalz @mb_j @tnelson @emirgocen @rain-digital @adamk AND anyone reporting the issue of black screen on meeting join with the WebSDK, please share the following data to help us better understand the range and impact of this particular issue please:

1. TESTING DEVICE DATA: Operating System w/ version, Browser w/ version, and if (mobile/handheld device, the distributor, such as AT&T, etc…). EXAMPLE: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit), MacBook Pro

2. WEB SERVER DATA: Operating System w/ version (Node, PHP, other…?), Web Server Framework (if applicable, w/ version, such as Express.js v 4.1.2, etc…), How it is hosted (bare-metal, VM, Docker container, PaaS, other), Client-Side Framework (React, Vue, Angular, TypeScript, etc…?) EXAMPLE: Node.js 12.1.6 on Heroku using Express.js v4.11.6 with React.js v15.6

3. Issue recreation step-by-step directions.

4. [OPTIONAL, if provided, make sure to anonymize before sharing] Any relevant console, device event, system, warning, or web server logs providing insight you think could be useful.

@bdeanindy details below:

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Google Chrome 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit), Macbook Pro
  2. node.js 12.16.x on Heroku using Express.js v4.14.x with React.js 16.8.6
  3. Just start a zoom call from the web app, then join from iOS app, the web app user can’t see video from the iOS user, but iOS user can see videos from both.
  4. Nothing special except for the " NaN is an invalid value for the width css style property" error which I don’t think is relevant.

Just want to add that for item 2, we have another environment on AWS EC2 (node.js 12.16.x, Express.js v4.14.x, React.js 16.8.6) with the exact same issue.

@bdeanindy I can provide a live instance of this happening right now if you want? And if you want we can pair review it. Let me know, as I can consistently Reproduce with 1.7.8 and 1.7.9 and can get it working fine with 1.7.7 and I can show this live.

I think this is a front end bug in the SDK, my feeling some code executed too early somewhere. I can share a video of the problem also privately, lmk which address I can send it.

I agree this is a front end issue. When the host stops streaming the attendee see the image of a user that appears when no user is stream, and then when back on goes blank.

@darragh.duffy would you be able to provide the information I requested in my previous post please?

Additionally, could you (and @developer-whova) provide your data supporting this is a front-end issue within the WebSDK, to help with the root cause investigation please?

@darragh.duffy May I have a live troubleshooting with us, currently, it’s very hard to reproduce for me.

Hi Jack,

Yes, I can do a live trouble shoot with you, I am on GMT+1 timezone right now its 10:25am. I can do anytime you. What suits you? I would be delighted to show you this issue.

-Darragh.

Hi Zoom Engineers,

Some more examples, here I am showing a few screen shots.
First image, the host is streaming video content - Left screen using v 1.7.7 and right screen v 1.7.8
Second image, the host stops streaming video content - Left screen using v 1.7.7 and right screen v 1.7.8

I am seeing the exact same issue with 1.7.9 (as an aside please allow an option to disable captcha, users will already be authenticated).

When I inspect the the screen via Chrome’s Dev tools, I can see a difference in the Canvas with ID: sv-active-video

In v 1.7.7 - the width has been calculated.
in v 1.7.8 - the width has not been calculated.

For v 1.7.7 the video stream is very stable and always works.
For 1.7.8, very unstable, i.e. works 1 times out of 10.

Now, the time it works with 1.7.8, the width attribute for the Canvas ID sv-active-video is calculated. And, the cases where it is not working, this attribute is never calculated. Therefore, the method / approach to how this is calculated would be where I could review the code.

So, some suggestions:

• do a live troubleshoot session.
  • send me the source code so I can debug and help better.
  • review the code around calculating the width of this attribute, maybe its as simple as an ASYNC/ AWAIT issue.

Hello Darragh, I invite you join our troubleshooting

this meeting open 20200703 GMT+1 9:am - 11: am

Hi Jack - I will join this webinar in about 5 minutes.

Ok, I’m here, welcome

This is happening on 1.7.9. The only “Fix” we’ve seen is to use 1.7.7. 1.7.8 also has the issue.