Recording.Completed Webhook timezones in inconsistent format

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Recording.Copmleted zoom webhook Event
Referenced Documentation:

Description
Details on your question, workflow or the problem you’re trying to solve.

Hello, I’m noticing the timezone value often does not match the list from the zoom documentation.

So far, I have received timezones as:

• GMT offsets without leading zeros (eg GMT+8:00)
  • GMT offsets with leading zereso (eg GMT+08:00)
  • location names (matches Abbreviation lists)

Would it be possible to get a consistent timezone format? Alternatively, would it be possible to provide a full list of expected timezone formats in the documentation?

I noticed similar post here from 2022, but it didn’t seem to get any traction: Received Undocumented Timezone Format in Recording Completed Webhook

Error?
N/A - this is causing issues for timezone deserialization

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
*1. Subscribe to the recording.completed webhook event
2. Complete a meeting
3. Receive webhook with the timezone.
4. Because these formats are different for different users, I’m guessing that their timezones are set in different ways. I’m not sure how some user accounts seem to end up with timezones with leading zeros sometimes and no leading zeros at other times for example.

Hi @mokutsu ,

Can you please share your example screenshots in our private thread so I can report to our docs team and service engineering teams?

Thanks!

Hi Gianni, thank you for the quick response, screenshots sent. Please let me know if you require any further information. thank you!

1 Like

Hi @mokutsu , do you mind re-messaging me in that private message for this issue? I am unable to locate it but I want to follow up on this. Thanks!