API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Recording.Copmleted zoom webhook Event
Details on your question, workflow or the problem you’re trying to solve.
Hello, I’m noticing the timezone value often does not match the list from the zoom documentation.
So far, I have received timezones as:
- GMT offsets without leading zeros (eg GMT+8:00)
- GMT offsets with leading zereso (eg GMT+08:00)
- location names (matches Abbreviation lists)
Would it be possible to get a consistent timezone format? Alternatively, would it be possible to provide a full list of expected timezone formats in the documentation?
I noticed similar post here from 2022, but it didn’t seem to get any traction: Received Undocumented Timezone Format in Recording Completed Webhook
N/A - this is causing issues for timezone deserialization
How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
*1. Subscribe to the recording.completed webhook event
2. Complete a meeting
3. Receive webhook with the timezone.
4. Because these formats are different for different users, I’m guessing that their timezones are set in different ways. I’m not sure how some user accounts seem to end up with timezones with leading zeros sometimes and no leading zeros at other times for example.