Recording file download fails

Description
When I made a download request based on the download_url and download_token of the recording_files received by the ‘recording.completed’ webhook, an error was returned.
The response was a 200 OK and the response body was HTML, so when I opened it as an HTML file, it displayed “Due to organizational policies, you cannot access this resource from this network location. (200)”.

I suspect the above error was caused by the user’s IP Address Access Control settings.

Are there any other possible causes for the error?

I have confirmed that this request succeeded on June 3, 2022, but failed on June 20, 2022.
The user states that he has not changed his IP Address Access Control settings and does not know why the previously successful request failed.

Do you know the cause of this one?

Error?
The response was a 200 OK and the response body was HTML, so when I opened it as an HTML file, it displayed “Due to organizational policies, you cannot access this resource from this network location. (200)”.

API Endpoint/s?

• ‘recording.completed’ Webhook
  • HTTP request for download_url

How To Reproduce

curl --request GET \
 --url {download_url} \
 --header 'authorization: Bearer {download_token}

I’ve had a user experience the exact same issue, the file that was fetched from the API was a HTML file as you described. This has started happening for all users in their organisation within the past week.

Would be great to know exactly what would cause this error so I can give them steps to fix it.

We solved this by fixing the IP address of our server to reflect the user’s IP Address Access Control settings.

We do not know why the IP Address Access Control settings were not working before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to solve the problem @ken.mitamura !