Recording.renamed webhook event not getting delivered to Event Subscription URL

Description

I’ve created a user-managed OAuth app, and enabled all events to be delivered to the event subscription URL specified in the app config. When I install the app in my developer account and create test meetings, webinars, and recordings, I’m receiving every event at my subscription URL, except the recording.renamed event. Renaming a recording doesn’t generate an associated webhook event.

I’ve double-checked that I’ve configured the event in our app’s Event Subscriptions, we have a Business Plan, and I’m trying to rename a cloud recording (for which I receive other recording events, like recording.completed)

Is anyone else able to replicate this?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

OAuth, user-managed app

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Enable the Recording Renamed event in the Event Subscription section of an OAuth app
  2. Generate a recording for a meeting
  3. Once the recording has completed, rename it. No recording.renamed event is sent to the URL associated with the event subscription.

Hey @dylan,

I have notified our engineering team to look into this bug. (ZOOM-172119)

I will get back to you once I have an update.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Tommy!

Hey @dylan,

Engineering was unable to reproduce the issue. There may be a delay in getting this webhook. Can you check to see if you received it at a later moment?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I don’t see the event, but I do have some more data. I am receiving this event on our account-level app, but not on our user-level app (the event is configured in both apps’ event subscriptions).

This GIF shows the stream of events coming into both apps. The first screen on the right half of the page shows the events arriving for our admin-level app. I get the recording.renamed event as soon as I rename the recording.

Then I switch to the stream for our user-level app. I’ve installed this app as the developer account who owns the app, and I’m receiving every other event on that event subscription URL without issue. But the recording.renamed event never appears to arrive for the user-level app subscription. I also waited ~10 minutes before sending this message to confirm that it didn’t arrive later.

Let me know if this helps or if I can provide any other information.

Hey @dylan,

Thanks for the additional details. This will help us debug the issue. I will get back to you once we find out why the webhook is not sending.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @dylan,

We have confirmed this is a bug and will fix it asap.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like