Recording with SDK for basic users

Can someone please help with how to record (cloud or local) with sdk for basic user. Thanks

@musicteachingonline could you give me more background on this?

I’ve deleted other duplicated questions as they are off topic from the thread.

Thanks for checking in.

I have a paid account with several basic users linked to my account. I am able to record lessons, but they are not. We are trying to see how they can have the ability to record lessons

@musicteachingonline Hope you will be fine.

Local recording doesn’t have any restriction free/paid both can record. But Cloud is only for paid users.

Using WebSDK you can’t do Local Recording.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response. Exactly, that is my issue. Basic connected users do not have any option to record via SDK. However, there is some chat that it is possible using raw data, but I cannot find out how this works.

Any way to record would be great. Thanks

Yes raw data is only achievable using Native SDKs

• Linux
  • Windows
  • macOS

You can also capture recording using WebSDK.

Thanks.

Could you kindly explain this in further detail. Thank you

@musicteachingonline

If you just need local recording, you do not need raw recording.

These desktop SDK supports local recording for basic users.

• Linux
  • Windows
  • macOS

Sorry, but I am confused. As when the basic users access the meting via my web sdk, there is no recording button on the controls?

@musicteachingonline Web SDK does not support local recording.

@musicteachingonline

Just to be specific

Web SDK is a different SDK from Windows Meeting SDK, Linux Meeting SDK and MacOS Meeting SDK

I am happy to pay for cloud recording and storage for my connected basic users, but from what I have researched basic users cannot cloud record via the sdk?

Thank you again for your support.
If we were to start the conversation again. How can my connected basic users record, using my company sdk?

@musicteachingonline the cloud recording will still go back to the host’s account.

You can get a paid cloud recording plan and set the meetings to automatically record to cloud when it starts.
You can thereafter share the cloud recording link to your participants.

However, the teachers who are connected to the company paid account as basic users does not record

@musicteachingonline if you are basic account, then you cannot do cloud recording.

Is there any way that basic users who are linked to my paid account can record via sdk? or ANY other method. Thanks

@musicteachingonline

Yes, Basic/ free users can use

• Windows SDK to do Local Recording
  • MacOS SDK to do Local Recording

Sorry, but it seems as though we are back to the original conversation. Maybe I am not explaining very well:

1. I have a pro account
  2. I have some teachers linked to my paid account, however they are basic users
  3. Zoom has been embedded into my website with sdk
  4. Teachers create their own meetings via an integrated booking system
  5. How can they record the lesson?

Thanks

@musicteachingonline

1. I have a pro account

Ok, but this is not usable by your teachers.

1. I have some teachers linked to my paid account, however they are basic users

They are basic users, and they are not paid user despite your account being pro

1. Zoom has been embedded into my website with sdk

You are using Web SDK

1. Teachers create their own meetings via an integrated booking system

Ok, these are meeting created with basic users

1. How can they record the lesson?

No they cannot record the lessons using basic account on Web SDK.

If you however choose to use Windows or MacOS SDK, they can do local recording with basic account.

Alternatively you can upgrade these basic account to pro account for each of these teachers