Recovering from server receiving Webhook events going down

Hi,

I have an app set up to receive webhook events on an endpoint and I was wondering how you would restart webhook events in the event that our webhook server was to go down and exhaust the 3 retries by Zoom.

if Zoom doesn’t receive a 2XX response even after executing all three retries, no further notifications related to that event will be sent to your app’s Event Notification Endpoint URL .

I am aware that reinstalling the app would fix this issue, however, reinstalling all of the installations of our apps is a cumbersome process. I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

Thanks,
Bo

Hey @bo.zhang,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. At this time, the best method to re-enable a disabled event endpoint is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

We are currently working on a system that will send out automated messages when this happens and offer a process to have the endpoint re-enabled but I don’t have an ETA on when that will be available.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the quick response.

This feature will be useful for us and I believe for many others as well. You mentioned that you didn’t have an ETA on this feature, is there a way for me to follow any progress on the feature?

Thanks,
Bo

Hey @bo.zhang,

Great question! My apologies for not providing this earlier. If you want to stay up-to-date on new API developments, please see our changelog.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.