Registered Meetings in WebSDK

Are registered meetings still unsupported in the web DK and only supported in the Web client? I see the latest web client release now has support for registration. If we have the full join_url (via api), is there still no way to join the meeting via sdk?

Hey @classrooms,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. As of Web SDK v1.8.5, you can join registration required meetings.

Please test with the latest version, 1.9.0, and let us know if you encounter any issues. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Awesome!

Do we just feed the unique join URL or the participant ID or both?

Hi @classrooms,

Documentation on how to join webinars via the WebSDK can be found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build/webinars/join

For webinars, the below config is given as an example. You must pass the participant’s email in this config to authorize them to join, otherwise they will be prompted to register.

const meetConfig = {
	apiKey: '3239845720934223459'
	meetingNumber: '123456789',
	leaveUrl: 'https://yoursite.com/meetingEnd',
	userName: 'Firstname Lastname',
	userEmail: 'firstname.lastname@yoursite.com', // required
	passWord: 'password', // if required
	role: 0 // 1 for host; 0 for attendee
};

Thanks!
Alex

Yup,

We tried this for meetings, and it returns “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.”

When we disable registration, it works fine as does the user joining with their join url in a new window.

Could you clarify a few things please?

1. What version SDK are you using?
  2. Are you using JWT credentials?
  3. Is the meeting owned by the account that the credentials belong to?
  4. Is the meeting already started, or are you trying to start it via the Web SDK?
  1. 1.9.0 (other features from this release work like gallery view)
  2. Yup
  3. Yup
  4. It’s a registered user joining a “join before host” meeting

The console error is: 1. result: “The current sdk version doesn’t support register meeting/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.”

But I’m definitely on the latest version since I can use gallery view if I turn off registration

Thank you for helping!

Hey @classrooms,

Thank you for the update on this. I tested this on my end and confirmed that it looks like the latest version only supports joining registration required webinars, not meetings. I know this is something we are working to add in a future release but it looks like it wasn’t included with the addition of Webinars.

That’s my mistake for the confusion. You can stay posted on new features at our changelog.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.