Registering somebody with API for a Cloud Recording

Description

We have a cloud recording an want to collect who is watching it. Also we want to play back the recording in an iframe.

Because the registration form cannot be displayed in an iframe, we wanted to register the viewers with the API and directly redirect them to their recording URL. For this, we use the following API call:

But in the end we only get a personalized (?) share_url, which again leads to the registration form. What is this URL for if not for playback? Why would we register somebody with the API if not for being able to bypass the registration?

The meeting ID is 92278343819

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth2

Hey @jahrralf ,

Please provide steps to reproduce the issue so we can look into this further. :slight_smile:

When you are creating the cloud recording registrant, are you approving them?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi!

Yes, they are approved automatically. Also we tried approving them through the API. The response did not change, it was as follows:

array(4) =>
    [registrant_id] =>
      string(22) =>
        "OTmXknnVRGimvREDACTED"
    [id] =>
      integer(9227834REDACTED)
    [topic] =>
      string(51) =>
        "State of the IPO Market and Virtual Lessons Learned"
    [share_url] =>
      string(121) =>
        "https://REDACTED"

Opening this share URL brought us back to the registration. Going through the registration with the form played the video.

Thanks,

Ralf

Hey @jahrralf,

Thank you for providing additional information. I tested this with my account and saw the same behavior. I also noticed that the share_url returned by the API is missing some parameters that are included when you manually approve a registrant through the Zoom Web Portal.

When using a link from an email, the video was played as we expect. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to confirm this as a bug and provide a fix. (ZOOM-254383)

I’ll be sure to keep you updated here as I have more information.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @jahrralf,

I’m happy to report that our engineering team confirmed this as a defect and will provide a fix in a future release. I don’t have an ETA on the issue just yet but I’ll keep you updated here.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.