"Remote Script URL" to send registration information from FormAssembly to Zoom

Need to send registration information from FormAssembly to Zoom. According to Form Assembly "The HTTPS connector allows you to automatically forward submitted data from FormAssembly to any remote script using either the standard [HTTP POST] or [HTTP GET]methods.The HTTPS connector currently cannot pass data as JSON content, only as form encoded data (yes I’m a total nube)

Hoping I can get that info here. Thanks for any help

Hey @sue,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Zoom Developer Community! :slight_smile:

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, it sounds like you’re trying to use a 3rd party tool to send registrant data to Zoom, right? Just let me know if I’m misunderstanding though.

Currently, Zoom registration information must be sent to Zoom via a JSON body/payload (as an example). If you’re leveraging our APIs, you would use the Add Meeting Registrant endpoint:

And pass us the following payload:

Let me know if this helps, or if you can provide any additional details!

Best,
Will

Thanks for the reply.
Yes it is a 3rd party tool.
Their documentation says
“The HTTPS connector currently cannot pass data as JSON content, only as form encoded data.”
So does that mean it won’t work?

Basically I need my registrations to go into Salesforce as well as Zoom and I am using FormAssembly forms to do the Salesforce part.

Hey @sue,

Would you be able to share the documentation you are referring to so we can take a look?

You can also try using the Zoom Salesforce App.

Thanks,
Tommy

https://help.formassembly.com/help/340465-http-connector-setup

I will check out Zoom for Salesforce.
I was thinking that was more for 1 on 1 meetings . It looks like it can attach Campaigns to

Webinars but I just have Meetings with registration. I will have to check it out more.
Thanks for any help

Hey @sue,

Thank you for the update and for providing clarifying information. If you still have questions after looking into the Zoom Salesforce App, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

Apparently that only works for Webinar registration, not meeting registration, so I do need another solution going forward.
Thanks for any help after you review the docs.

Hey sue,

Thank you for the update. Just to clarify, you are able to add meeting registrants to Salesforce using FormAssembly. Is that correct? Does FormAssembly let you send multiple requests from one form? If so, you can make a request to the Add Meeting Registrant API after adding the information to Salesforce. If not, then you may want to use a custom endpoint that is able to take information from FormAssembly and send requests to both Salesforce and Zoom.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

FormAssembly allows send multiple requests. One is a dedicated connector to Salesforce.
The one for Zoom would be the HTTPS connector which I sent you the documentation for.
It looks like that does not match up with the API reference info you linked to as far as I can tell.
I do not know anything about custom endpoints unfortunately. If I wanted to research that, where could I do that?
Where does the endpoint “live” and what triggers it?

Hey @sue,

Thank you for your question. It looks like the FormAssembly HTTP connector only sends out requests using the application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Type whereas the API can only respond to data with the Content-Type of application/json. I would first reach out to FormAssembly to see if you can send out a JSON request using their tools. If not, you may want to consider another tool for this or, as I mentioned, a custom middleware endpoint.

When I say custom middleware endpoint, I mean that you would set up a server that is able to listen for POST requests from FormAssembly, process the data using code on the server, and then make the requisite, JSON formatted, POST request to the Add Meeting Registrant API. However, if this is something you or your team isn’t familiar with it can be a challenging task which is why I recommend seeing what options FormAssembly can offer first.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Thanks, that actually makes sense now! I think that is kind of what Zapier does. Appreciate you taking the time!

2 Likes

Hey @sue,

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.