Report webinar participants with duration 0

Our application relies on the duration of the attendance of participants to the webinars.
After a webinar ends, we use the endpoint “/v2/report/webinars/{webinarId}/participants” to fetch all the participant durations.
In some cases the reports shows duration=0 and joinTime=leaveTime (not for all participants, just some of them).

We experienced this behavour for a webinar scheduled yesterday (2020 13 11 at 05:30 PM +1:00) .
If I call the same enpoint now, the duration and leaveTime are correct.

I see that the same issue was already reported here:

Is there an amount of time we should wait to be sure that the report data are completely collected?
Thank you

Hi @eso,

It can take a little bit of time for a report to be processed after a meeting is ending. Are you currently attempting to fetch this report immediately following the meeting?

If so, I might recommend adding in a bit of buffer time—perhaps a minute or two, to give the report a little additional time.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,
thank you for your reply.
I’m going to update our system in order to wait two minutes after the webinar has ended.

We have lot of webinars scheduled in the next weeks, so we will have the opportunity to check if this additional time is always enough to receive an up to date report.

Thank you
Kind regards

Hi @eso,

I think that’s a good idea, too! Hope this helps.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.