Request for zero-depdendencies client example (or iframe)

Hi,

I am organising several online festivals in Europe and America, and for all festivals I would love nót to show the Zoom link in the address bar, because that link can be easily copied illegaly to non-paid customers. Yes I know you do not support iframe (yet - I hope!) (nor a Raspberry Pi/armhf client, which I would welcome too!)…

Actually an iframe works fine for getting a download. However for the join-by-browser you will just have to allow 4 resources to download and then it will work fine. Iframing Jitsi works like a charm, so, I wonder what is the problem on your side just to allow those few downloads to start (are you looking for more employees?).

What I am asking is: I am not looking forward to dive in your sample-app (CDN) example. It is bloated with dependencies with react, redux and much more. And furthermore, the real action is inside handful of .js file, pretty much to cover and to keep compatible too; I would love to see most code on your end and not on my end because of future compatibility. I just want to run it inside a web page :wink: This will take me days just to rip it clean. Can you please also add a depdendency-free and non-bloated version? Thank you so much in advance!!!

Hey @nielsbaloe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Thank you for your feedback! We are always working to provide an easier to use and more compact SDK.

In our latest versions, we’ve worked to reduce dependencies and in the future, we’ll work to add more customizability to the Web SDK. While I’m not aware of any plans to allow framing the Web SDK or to provide an ARM client, these are great feature requests.

If you would like these features to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi,

So many thanks for your kind and friendly reply.
I was not fully peaceful minded when I replied to my gratitude for responding me in such a way.

I will post a feature request at the location you mention.

With warm regards,

Niels

1 Like

Thanks @nielsbaloe ! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.