Request Host and Co-Hosts can Raise Hand

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
When using Zoom, the host and co-host are controlling screen sharing and muting and unmuting but they are not speaking. As a result, the host and co-hosts need to raise their hand but are unable to. They need to log in with a second device to raise their hand.

Describe the solution you’d like
Please allow the host and co-hosts to raise their hand.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
The only solution at the moment is to log in with a second device.

Additional context
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.

16 Likes

Thank you Yonathan,

We need this feature too.
Host or Co-host no need to use two devices for raise hand feature.

Can you make this setting for zoom meetings?

We really appreciate your hardwork for make this feature available for us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. For “round table” discussions, the host has no right to speak any more than anyone else. They should be given the opportunity to raise their hand to speak, otherwise they run the risk of interrupting (or have to log in on a second device, which is awkward).

4 Likes

This feature lends to allowing a non-host participant to take the lead in a section of a meeting.

A host can then raise his hand and give a comment after a non-host participant calls on him.

This feature would be really useful!

2 Likes

Hi
we need this feature too!
Host and cohosts need to raise their hands too, why don’t allow it with an option in settings?

Thanks

2 Likes

This feature would be super helpful

2 Likes

This would be super useful, many times the host or cohost is not the one speaking and wants to share a thought. He cannot simply start talking while someone else is talking…

2 Likes

This would be an awesome feature.

2 Likes

In meetings often the (true) host is not the zoom host,
but a technical capable person is the zoom host, who opens microphones and so on.
That person should be able to raise their hand to, to participate to the meeting.
Now the only alternative is to connect with a second device.
But overall thanks to the zoom team, for a very useful tool.

2 Likes

Yes, this feature would be great to have. Are there plans to add it?

2 Likes

It is more than necessary to have this option. As long as host and co-hosts take part in discussions (they do!) it is a must that they should have this option.

2 Likes

We would appreciate this feature as well.
Our meetings are held in sign language, so they are very visual and technically complex to handle. For example with the microphones of 30 to 40 deaf people all muted there is no auto spotlight, so someone has to take care of that. That is enough of a task for one person, so streaming teaching video content is assigned to another person, and someone keeps an eye on the waiting room and participants that may require technical assistance. All of these nice people need to be Co-Hosts and without the raise hand feature sadly their valuable input on the topic at hand is sometimes overseen in meetings.

3 Likes

This is a very important feature, that hits me at nearly every presentation I attend. (About 5 per day).

2 Likes

Yes - please work on this. Adding my vote.

2 Likes

Hi everyone.
We are happy to see this feature implemented in today‘s update to 5.4.7. Thank you very much!
We noticed a minor glitch on Mac clients in connection with this change: The keyboard shortcut (alt+y) does no longer work. On windows 10 the shortcut still works after the update.

2 Likes

Hello folks.
I’m here to thank you all for this feature implementation.
It is really helpful for us and we are already using it.

1 Like

This would be too valuable, commonly the host or cohost isn’t the one talking and needs to share an idea. He can’t just beginning talking while another person is talking…

1 Like

How much interest does a feature need before it’s implemented?

Please, let hosts and co-hosts raise their hands!

We really need this feature too. I can see it was meant to have been implemented, but this doesn’t seem to have changed anything for us.

Thank you for adding the feature! My zoom updated today and i now have it (as a co-facilitator)!