Resolution issues with Web SDK

Hello,

While joining meetings using the Web SDK I’ve noticed that the quality of video varies greatly. I am aware that the Web SDK has its resolution capped at 360p, but even then there are very noticeable jumps in quality from time to time. I’m testing this locally on a stable internet connection. What could be the cause of this?

I am using Web SDK 1.8.0

As an extension to what I wrote above, the problem seems to be related to bitrate. After joining a meeting via the Web SDK the immediate video quality is quite low, but after waiting 1 minute the quality jumps up to a good level.

What is the reason for the time it takes for the video quality to become acceptable? And is there any way to force or suggest better bitrate/video quality when joining a meeting via the Web SDK?

Hey @devteam27,

Are you seeing the initial lower bitrate for other participants or for yourself?

Currently there is no way to force or suggest a better bitrate or video quality. Feel free to add that as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.