Not every participant (smoothly) visible in Web SDK, though they are on desktop

Description
Web SDK is integrated in a platform build on React. Created a meeting manually in the desktop client. Joining through both desktop client and web client, but the visuals in the web client are lagging behind or just not appearing.

Error
The participants joining through the web browser (Chrome) are either not visible or very blurry. They are able to join, turn on camera and microphone, can see themselves in the corner of the frame, but don’t see each other. Sometimes they become visible after a while, but only very blurry and lagging. However, when I join through the desktop client, the other participants are smoothly visible.

Which version?
SDK 1.8.5

• Browser: Chrome (latest version)

Would really appreciate any suggestions for a solution!

Thanks,

Jelle

Hey @jelle,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, I’ll note that currently the Web SDK only supports a maximum resolution of 360p when the user is sharing their camera from the SDK itself. This is something we are actively working to improve but it may offer an explanation as to why you’re seeing the blurry video.

It’s also possible that those users have a bad internet connection which is why it takes some time for their video to load and when it does, you see it’s laggy.

One test you can perform to see if this is related to your implementation and styling or an issue with the Web SDK itself is to check if you see these same issues when using the Sample Web App

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for your response Max! Discovered we were at 1.8.5, now updated to 1.8.6 which works much better. Really hope the resolution can be improved soon!

Best,

Jelle

Hey @jelle,

Good catch, that’s my mistake for not mentioning an upgrade. We should be adding 720p resolution as well as Gallery View in the near future. You can keep up-to-date by reviewing our changelog.

I’m glad to hear that answered your questions though! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.