Rooms recording?

Is it possible to record rooms video using meeting sdk? Or even with videosdk
We want to split the meeting into rooms but record all the rooms.
thanks.

@mike6 , when you mention rooms, what rooms are you referring to?

There is a product named Zoom Rooms, I wanted to clarify if you are referring to Zoom Rooms or just a generic Room

Hi Chun, just a generic room. During the course of a meeting we wish to split the meeting up into rooms and to record the activity within those rooms and the main meeting.
thanks,
Mike

@mike6 , for these rooms, for an easy implementation, you can just install Zoom Client on a PC / Mac, start a meeting and recording the meeting.

I’m thinking you might possibly have more requirements, could you share them?

Please tag me in your response to get my replies

@chunsiong.zoom
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, we have a shed load of requirements :slightly_smiling_face:
We are building a training app. Most of the training will involve video meetings. We are using the meeting sdk to deliver this. (We were looking at Video SDK, but powers that be decided the cost was too expensive for meetings that could run all day and feature 20 people) So, using Meeting SDK, we want to send people into rooms at various points, and have the option to record or not.

We need to be able to turn recording on and off programtically, definitely in the main meeting, and preferably in rooms if room recording is available at all…

Also, one of our guys has, again with Meeting SDK, been trying to hide chat and then show it again, with a button. He is saying it’s not possible. Is this correct?

We need to do all of this in app, and not have our trainers jump in and out to record via the desktop app.

Thanks for the previous response Chung. It was much appreciated,
Mike

@mike6

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, we have a shed load of requirements :slightly_smiling_face:
We are building a training app. Most of the training will involve video meetings. We are using the meeting sdk to deliver this. (We were looking at Video SDK, but powers that be decided the cost was too expensive for meetings that could run all day and feature 20 people) So, using Meeting SDK, we want to send people into rooms at various points, and have the option to record or not.

So there is a machine in each of the room, which is running Zoom Meeting SDK?

We need to be able to turn recording on and off programtically, definitely in the main meeting, and preferably in rooms if room recording is available at all…

This can be done via Zoom Meeting SDK, to either start cloud recording or start local recording

Also, one of our guys has, again with Meeting SDK, been trying to hide chat and then show it again, with a button. He is saying it’s not possible. Is this correct?

This is correct if you are using Meeting SDK for Web. You cannot change this halfway thru the meeting.

We need to do all of this in app, and not have our trainers jump in and out to record via the desktop app.

Thanks for the previous response Chung. It was much appreciated,
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.