Salesforce integration: SFDC Event email missing Zoom details

We’re setting up Zoom for Salesforce and we’re having trouble with the meeting invite that is getting sent from Salesforce.

Initially two invites were going to attendee’s email inbox. One from Zoom and one from Salesforce. Both had the Zoom info in the description, but the Zoom invite didn’t have an actual calendar invite, while the SF one did. We really only need one invite to go out with the meeting info and calendar invite. I thought I could resolve this issue by selecting “Disable Invitation Email” in the Zoom configuration Panel in Salesforce. However, once I disabled the invitation email, the Zoom details no longer showed up in the Salesforce invitation. Also, it appears that the meeting information is also being stripped from the Salesforce calendar event.

I have the “Populate Details into Event Description” option selected, so I am at a loss at this point.

Is there a way to have just one email go out with all the meeting information, including calendar invite?

Thanks for any and all help!

Hey @bcarroll,

Are you talking about the confirmation email for registrants?

Have you tried disabling the confirmation email in Zoom?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for the reply. I’m referring to the Salesforce managed package and its configuration:

With the displayed configuration we get 2 emails sent to attendees/registrants; one from SF (from the created event) and one from Zoom. In this scenario only the SF email contains an actual calendar invite.

We attempted to check the Disable Invitation Email checkbox to prevent Zoom from sending out an email, which it did. However, after doing this and creating a new Zoom meeting none of the Zoom meeting details were stored on the SF-created calendar event and the resulting email sent to the attendee also did not contain any details. It seems that disabling the Zoom invitation email also removes the information from being published to Salesforce.

I’m curious if this is expected behavior? We really just want one email to go to the attendee with all of the Zoom details. It seems that disabling the invitation email from Zoom should get us there but that’s not the behavior we’re seeing.

Thanks!

Hey @bcarroll,

Thanks for the additional details, just to confirm, this is the salesforce integration you are using right?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/c8ZcoziZQoaFPE8x6INBag

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Yes, this is the correct salesforce integration.

Thanks!

Thanks @bcarroll,

We are looking into this and I will get back to you with updates. (ZOOM-157498)

-Tommy

Hey @bcarroll,

Disabling of the Zoom registration email should be done on the Zoom web portal, not from the Salesforce Zoom config page. Can you re-enable the options on the Zoom Salesforce config page and then go to the Zoom web portal in the webinar / meeting config page to disable the registration email from Zoom.

Please try that and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, my apologies for the delinquent response. I’ve looked in the Zoom web portal and I’m not able to see the settings you’re referring to. We have a Basic subscription, does that affect anything here? You’re example is showing webinar settings, we don’t have that option. In the meeting settings we don’t have any additional settings below the Meeting Options:

Do we not have the option to suppress invitations?

Thanks!

Hey @bcarroll,

No worries! :slight_smile: After you create the meeting, scroll down and click edit. Then click the email tab, and then click the edit link on the right to turn off the Send Confirmation Email to Registrants.

Let me know if that works!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for the reply. This is what I was explaining before; either during or after creating the meeting there are no tabs visible when editing. There’s nothing at the bottom of the page except Save and Cancel buttons.

The only place that I see any reference to invitation emails is under Settings > Meeting > Other, and there it’s only to set the language.

Again, we only have a Basic plan. Is this a restriction of that? The Pro plan states that there are extra admin features that includes notifications, but it’s not spelled out exactly what the extra features are.

Thanks again!

@tommy, to add some more information:

Our client temporarily “upgraded” our login to licensed (I think they have either Pro or Enterprise). Regardless, after logging in as a licensed user we still were not able to see any extra settings when editing meetings, only the Save and Cancel buttons as in my previous screenshot.

I did, however, find underneath the webinar settings a registration confirmation email setting that when edited looks exactly like your last screenshot, with the dialog displaying Confirmation Email header and the checkbox to disable underneath it. Are the confirmation settings global or does this setting strictly control the webinar registration confirmation? I want to stress that I’ve been referring to meetings and not webinars, but I would imagine that we would want the same behavior for both. We weren’t able to test this yesterday, we’re waiting to hear back from our client if they have any active webinars that people may be registering for.

I want to make sure that we’re talking about the same things here. The screenshots you have sent of you view of the web portal settings (specifically the edit tabs) don’t line up with our view of the web portal.

Thanks!

Hey @bcarroll,

The tabs show up after you click the “Save” meeting button. Can you try that and let me know if you see them?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, there are no tabs either after I save or if I click edit. My steps (I would include everything in this reply but I’m only allowed 1 image per post):

1. Click “Meetings” on the left nav and then click the “Schedule a New Meeting” button.

(cont’d from last post)

1. Enter the meeting details and click “Save” at the bottom of the page.

(cont’d from last post)

1. After the meeting is created scroll to the bottom and click “Edit this Meeting”. Note that there are no tabs visible before the button is clicked.

(cont’d from last post, this is the final post)

1. Once inside Editing, there are still no tabs at the bottom, only Save and Cancel buttons.

A bigger question for us: is there no global registration confirmation setting for meetings/webinars or is it managed per scheduled meeting/webinar?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

Hey @bcarroll,

Looks like you did not check the “Registration Required” option when creating the meeting. Once you check this and click save, you will see the “Email Settings” tab.

Unfortunately there is no global email registration confirmation setting.

Thanks,
Tommy