SameJWT API Key and Secret on two accounts

Before I start, let me explain I’m not a developer. I am simply someone who was setting up some Zoom accounts in our company to hook into a third party application, according to the third party’s manual.

The problem I have is that two of the accounts I set up to use JWT now share the same API key and Secret key. I have no idea why this is. It shouldn’t happen, right?

Anyway, since we want both accounts to be able to be used by the third party software separately, we have a problem.

Though I can regenerate the API secret, I can’t do that for the API key itself. Does anyone know how I could?

Failing that, could someone tell me how to wipe the JWT settings from one account so I can set them up from the beginning?

I know there’s gonna be some eye-rolling caused by all my amateur mistakes and perhaps my complete lack of understanding of what I’m doing, but if anyone could help I’d be really grateful

Hey @Lund,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. That’s correct, two separate Zoom accounts should not have the same API key. If you want to remove an API Key and Secret from your account, you can deactivate the App by navigating to the Activation tab of the app.

Having said that, we are happy to look into this for you in more detail if you’re able to send us the more sensitive details to developersupport@zoom.us.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.