How to Integrate a second Zoom account embedded in a 3rd party platform

Zoom Apps Configuration
How to Integrate a second Zoom account embedded in a 3rd party platform We have one account already set up on the 3rd party platforml but want to add a second account so we can have concurrent meetings.

Description
We need to use the JWT option to set it up. I am an admin on both accounts, so the App credentials - API Key and API secret are the same as they are for the existing embedded account. How do I set up the second account so it points to the new/2nd Zoom account? Do I need to regenerate a new API Key and API Secret - or will that mess up the account that is already linked to our community platform?

1 Like

To make sure that I understand, you want to set up separate Zoom Users, correct?

Unfortunately, when using the JWT credentials you are working with account-level credentials that authenticate requests as the owner of the account.

In other words, the meetings are likely scheduled by one user and there is only one set of credentials for the entire account.

If the application supported OAuth tokens or multiple Zoom Users with JWT this would be possible. As a workaround, you can host 2 concurrent meetings with a licensed plan:

1 Like

To add a second Zoom account to your third-party platform for concurrent meetings using the JWT (JSON Web Token) option, follow these steps:

1. Generate New API Key and API Secret:
  • It is recommended to create a new set of API Key and API Secret for the second Zoom account. This helps maintain clear separation and avoids potential issues.
  1. Create a JWT App for the Second Account:
  • Under “Build App,” choose “JWT App.”
  • Provide the necessary details for your new JWT App, including a name and description (you can use a similar name to your first JWT App).
  • Click “Create” to generate the new JWT App.
  1. Get the New API Key and API Secret:
  • In the newly created JWT App, you will find the fresh API Key and API Secret. These credentials are for the second Zoom account.
  1. Integrate with the Third-Party Platform:
  • Update your third-party platform’s settings to use the new API Key and API Secret from the second JWT App. This enables the platform to connect to the second Zoom account.
  1. Maintain Separate Permissions and Configurations:
  • Ensure that the permissions and settings for the second Zoom account are distinct from the first one. This prevents any potential conflicts and keeps the integrations running smoothly.
    source Instagram pro
    By creating unique API credentials for different Zoom accounts, you guarantee a clear separation of integrations, reducing the risk of conflicts and ensuring proper access control.
1 Like