Screen Sharing not working

Description
One of our users (guest) tried screen sharing but she said that the host could not see what she was sharing.

I have checked the Zoom dashboard as well and it seems like no screen sharing data was being sent by the guest user and no screen sharing data was being received by the host during that period.

Could you please check what happened?
I’ll be sending the meeting id via email.

Error
No error

Which version?
Web SDK v. 1.8.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Host and Guest launch app
  2. Guest starts screen sharing

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome

Additional context
None

Hi @lfrancia,

Greetings from Zoom Dev Rel Team.

Send Share screen feature is currently not supported for iOS browsers. Please see the attachment:

To know more, please visit: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web#browser-support

Thanks,
Ojus

Hi,

Sorry I left the template for the device info but I have just removed it now to avoid confusion. We are using Zoom Web SDK on Chrome browser on PC and chromebox only.

Thanks,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

Can you please try upgrading to version 1.8.5 to see if that fixes the issue. We released some screen sharing enhancements:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

Yes we are testing our app with Web SDK 1.8.5. We will let you know if there is any update.

By the way, would it possible to extend the deadline for switching to 1.8.5? The deadline of January 10th is really tight for us.

Regards,
Lara

1 Like

Thanks @lfrancia, please let us know if you run into any troubles!

I cannot promise we will move the date back, but I am advocating that we do. I know the deadline is very tight, especially with the Holidays, apologies.

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.