SDK always shows 'InWaitingRoom' as meeting's state

Description
A user from web SDK is already present in the meeting but the other use cannot join the meeting from iOS Zoom Meeting SDK. ‘onMeetingStateChange’ returns ‘.connecting’ state for the first time and then constantly returns .inWaitingRoom meeting state.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-ios-5.7.6.1080

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Just try to join a meeting.

Screenshots
NA

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPad (8th generation)

Additional context
iOS meeting SDK has been working fine for two months in our production app. But the users are unable to join the meetings via our app for a week. When we inspected the app, it turns out that SDK keeps the user in ‘inWaitingRoom’ state.

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

If the user joining through the SDK is in the waiting room, that SDK instance has no control over whether or not they can join the meeting. In order for that SDK instance to join the meeting, the host must admit them from the waiting room.

Thanks!

I am using WebSDK from Video SDKs on the web side and iOS Meeting SDK for my mobile app.
1- Is it possible to create some settings that anyone can join the meeting without approval?
2- I am unable to share screen too from my iOS Meeting SDK as well as it shows me error that ‘only hosts can share screens’.
3- I want every user in the meeting to have all the options.

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

1- Is it possible to create some settings that anyone can join the meeting without approval?

You can modify the meeting settings to remove the waiting room beforehand as outlined here. It is also possible to disable the waiting room through the SDK via enableWaitingRoomOnEntry.

2- I am unable to share screen too from my iOS Meeting SDK as well as it shows me error that ‘only hosts can share screens’.

This means that the meeting was configured to only allow the host to share their screen. If you are a participant in a meeting with this setting, the only way around it is to have the host of the meeting update the setting.

3- I want every user in the meeting to have all the options.

Meeting hosts will always have a wider set of capabilities than a regular participant. The host of a meeting can change the meeting settings to enable/disable various capabilities, but ultimately the meeting settings cannot be changed by the SDK in-meeting unless the SDK user is the host. If there are any specific settings you’re unsure of how to configure through the web portal, the Help Center is always a great resource.

Thanks!

I have already modified the settings. The issue is that zoom iOS SDK is not joining the meeting when I download my app via AppStore. But it is working fine and joins successfully when I install a build directly from Xcode or .ipa file via Diawi. Can you please guide what could be the reason?

One more question. I implemented my app 4 months ago using Zoom iOS SDK version 5.7.6.1080 which was the latest version at that time. I just found that minimum iOS SDK version available for use is 5.7.6.1082 and latest version available is 5.9.6.2769 till date. My query is how long would it take for my version to be deprecated. As I am worried that it just takes 4 months for the latest version to be out of the list.
PS: I have implemented custom UI in my app

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

I have already modified the settings. The issue is that zoom iOS SDK is not joining the meeting when I download my app via AppStore. But it is working fine and joins successfully when I install a build directly from Xcode or .ipa file via Diawi. Can you please guide what could be the reason?

It is impossible to say without concrete information. How are you ensuring that you have authenticated with the correct account to join a meeting? Are you seeing any specific errors returned by the SDK? How exactly is joining the meeting not working?

My query is how long would it take for my version to be deprecated. As I am worried that it just takes 4 months for the latest version to be out of the list.

Currently there is not an exact end of life date for the version you are using, but there may be one in the future once the Zoom platform starts rolling out the 9 month release window. The email associated with your developer account will be notified when this goes into effect (currently TBD), so it’s always a good idea to ensure that that inbox is monitored.

Thanks!

I have made the settings that all participants can share their screen. But most of the times, my iOS meeting SDK tells me that ‘Only the host can share in this meeting’ while broadcasting. I am using extension to share screen. Here are the screenshots

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

The settings that you have linked to would only apply if the meeting owner is the same account under which those settings have been configured. Can you please confirm whether or not this is the case?

Thanks!

Yes, I confirm that we are using the same account.

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

Apologies if it was not clear, but using the same account alone is not enough to guarantee the settings will be applied. The account with these settings must be the meeting owner for the meeting you are testing this in. Is that same account the meeting owner?

Thanks!

In our system, the owner creates meeting for other users. but never joins himself. What can we do for this use case?
If I am getting you right, what would be the purpose of Zoom’s meeting settings to allow all participants share their screen if the meeting owner ‘has to be present’ in the meeting?

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

The owner of the meeting does not need to be present, but that account needs to be the same account that created the meeting. Can you please confirm whether or not this is the case?

Thanks!

Thank you for your help. One of the purchased licenses had different settings than the others, which created this issue.

I have updated my Zoom SDK to zoom-SDK-ios-5.9.6.2769. The issue that I am facing now is that when I am in a meeting where both the users are using iOS SDK, showActiveShare(withUserID: userID) shows a black screen. An iOS SDK user can see the screen shared from the zoom app running on Mac OS/web SDK but the screen shared by iOS SDK appears black. My code is as follows:

var sharedScreenView = MobileRTCActiveShareView.init()
sharedScreenView.backgroundColor = .white
sharedScreenView.setVideoAspect(MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan)
sharedScreenView.frame = remoteSharedView.bounds
sharedScreenView.autoresizingMask = [.flexibleWidth, .flexibleHeight]
remoteSharedView.addSubview(sharedScreenView)
sharedScreenView.showActiveShare(withUserID: userID)

Update: iOS SDK is showing a black screen when a screen is shared from any platform (iOS, android, zoom.us mac app, web SDK). But the screen shared from my app is visible on all of these platforms/SDKs.

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

At what point are you setting up the share view? It is possible that the subscription is starting too soon, but it is hard to tell with the amount of information available right now.

Thanks!

Apologies. I am setting up the share view in onSinkSharingStatus as follows:

func onSinkSharingStatus(_ status: MobileRTCSharingStatus, userID: UInt) {

if let activeShareUser = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.activeShareUserID() {

switch status{

case MobileRTCSharingStatus.other_Share_Begin:

var sharedScreenView = MobileRTCActiveShareView.init()
           sharedScreenView.backgroundColor = .white
           sharedScreenView.setVideoAspect(MobileRTCVideoAspect_PanAndScan)
           sharedScreenView.frame = remoteSharedView.bounds
           sharedScreenView.autoresizingMask = [.flexibleWidth, .flexibleHeight]
           remoteSharedView.addSubview(sharedScreenView)
           sharedScreenView.showActiveShare(withUserID: userID)
           return

default:
            return
        }
    }
}

Hi @theclassroomdoor,

Can you try starting the share view after receiving the MobileRTCSharingStatus_View_Other_Sharing status?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.