SDK Encryption backward compatibility issue

I just want to rereport an occurring issue that happens every Zoom release new SDK, this seems to happen on all version releases since 1.8.5 - 1.9.5 ( present day ). I attached the image below both for closed captioning and chat there seems to be an encryption issue that causes the particular hex text being displayed instead of the actual caption / chat. It is fixed only if we upgrade to the latest version It seems in this case we need to keep upgrading on the same day the SDK is released which is quite annoying.

Hi @developer-whova,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

To clarify, are you seeing this in the in-meeting chat? Additionally, can you confirm which version you saw this on most recently? If there are any additional details or screenshots you might be able to share, this would be helpful as well.

Thank you,
Will

Above is the closed captioning, but in general, you will also see it in the in-meeting chat for SDK 1.9.1
to reproduce I think you can try create a meeting and try sending chat messages to each other from Zoom desktop client and the SDK

Hey @developer-whova,

Thank you for the update, are you able to share a little more information on how we can test this on our end?

You have the Zoom Desktop Client and the previous version of the Web SDK - in this case 1.9.1. After 1.9.1 is released, you saw that issue with chat when using 1.9.1. Is that accurate?

Thanks,
Max

So yes Zoom release 1.9.5 after 1 week if you do chat from zoom desktop on 1,9,1 it shows as encrypted but on 1.9.5 it works fine, so the issue seems to relate to the encryption backward compatibility. This happens for both chat and closed captioning.

Hey @developer-whova,

Thank you for confirming. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include a couple screenshots of the behavior you’re seeing.

I’ll use that to convey the issue to our engineering team and investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.