Chat Messages Not Sending

Description
I originally posted in Web SDK in-meeting chat messages not sending but wanted to add some additional details around chat messages not sending (that particular issue is closed though I am still experiencing trouble with chat).

On Friday (10/23) we noticed that some messages were received as ‘[This is an encrypted message]’. Some participants could see the message but others just received the notice that the message was encrypted (as if the message could not be decrypted). These same users could not send messages out to the group. The meeting where this happened was.

It seems like this is a variation of the problem I posted in the earlier thread. The difference here is that the users that could not receive the messages were on Edge on Windows (previously all the testing was done on MacOS with Chrome and Firefox).

Error
Some participants see [This is an encrypted message]. Their messages cannot be seen by the group.

Which version?
This is in the Zoom 1.7.9 version of the SDK.

Screenshots

Hey @erichhansen,

Looks like the thread was closed by mistake. I have since re opened it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing these additional details. We will look into why this is happening and report back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy, that would be great.

Hey @erichhansen ,

We have found the root cause and are working on a fix. :slight_smile: (CS-2159)

By the way, old edge browsers are not supported. What version of edge are you using?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Awesome, that is great news. I think you are right, I was using an old Edge browser as my Windows VM is not up to date. It is Edge 44. I will make sure to get that version of Edge updated.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @erichhansen ,

This should be fixed on Jan 10th, this weekend. Please make sure you are on Web SDK 1.8.5 or higher, and have the Private Chat setting turned ON in your Zoom Web Portal settings:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like