SDK for Linux Headless Bot - Get Meeting Participants

Hello, I was following on the this zoom meeting SDK Linux but a bit lost on how to get participants there isnt any documentation at all for this SDK, also im not a C++ dev so its taking me time to understand everything.

Any clue how to do this given that I just want to get participant names? or source for this sdk documentation?

Im followign this repo by the way:

I think the key is in this part:

void ZoomSDKAudioRawDataDelegate::onOneWayAudioRawDataReceived(AudioRawData* data, uint32_t node_id) {
    if (m_useMixedAudio) return;

stringstream path;
    path << m_dir << "/node-" << node_id << ".pcm";
    writeToFile(path.str(), data);
}

If I could somehow change the node_id to the participants name or use that node_id to get the participants name in some way maybe I could get whos speaking per PCM file

And also around this part where im trying to figure out what GetMeetingParticipants gives me:

if (!m_audioSource) {
            m_audioSource = new ZoomSDKAudioRawDataDelegate(!m_config.separateParticipantAudio());
            m_audioSource->setDir(m_config.audioDir());
            m_audioSource->setFilename(m_config.audioFile());

}
        auto participantCtl = m_meetingService->GetMeetingParticipantsController();
        auto uid = participantCtl->GetParticipantsList()->GetItem(0);

auto participantList = participantCtl->GetParticipantsList()->GetItem(0);
        // Iterate over participants and log their details

But by the looks of it it only give me the ID

ParticipantList 16778240

How do I get the participant name?

Hey @linda!

We use the Linux SDK to run meeting bots at scale and have run into a lot of similar questions in the past :slight_smile:

When it comes to accessing user data, you’ll want to take a look at IMeetingParticipantsController – specifically these methods:

In terms of returned format, check out the IUserInfo class.
The GetUserName() method will return the name of the participant.

Another alternative is to use Recall.ai for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video/metadata from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have questions!