SDK update soon

So it’s been 43 days since the last macOS SDK update and there are a number of bugs which still haven’t been fixed. Can someone advise whether we should expect a fix soon?

It was also suggested that there may be a developer round table or similar but again nothing but silence and a rather oddly worded survey.

Any update would be appreciated as currently reporting bugs feels like shouting into a (very polite) black hole

Hi @richard1, thanks for the post.

We are still working on the next SDK release. Historically, we have aimed for a release cadence of 2-3 months, so it is not unusual for us to be at the 43 day mark with no new version yet. We apologize for the inconvenience that being unable to provide an exact timeline causes in this regard.

Regarding the round table, I will have to follow up internally and see if there has been any movement on that front and let you know.

I want to assure you that we have taken the feedback and SDK issues reported by you and every other member of the SDK community seriously and are eager to continue working with you all to improve the SDK. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to help.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon

While I don’t have a particular problem with waiting 2-3 months for feature updates, I do hope you understand (and have strongly escalated to your superiors) the frustrating amongst the developer community when serious failings in the SDK are seemingly not a priority for Zoom to fix. Some of the issues on the list have now been around for 6 months and to see how low a priority it is for zoom to sort them is not reassuring

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard1,

Thank you for understanding. Yes, our engineering org is aware of the issues with the macOS SDK, and they have been escalated to the highest levels of our company. We totally empathize with how frustrating of an experience this has been for you and other developers, and don’t expect this frustration to go away overnight.

Some of the issues on the list have now been around for 6 months

I agree that this is not an acceptable amount of time to wait for something. Can you please let me know which of the issues you have reported have been around for this long so that I can follow up with the team and try to get them added to the next release (if they aren’t already there)?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.