SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION for both Audio and Video

Description
Whenever user joins before host then he is unable to start audio or video, on joining “Your video is being recorded” can be heard but no pop up appears, and the moment host join the session then pop up appears and upon accepting user regain the ability to start or stop audio and video recording.

If we turn off recording from host end, then it works fine if user joins before host.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-android-5.10.1.5184 & zoom-sdk-android-5.10.3.5614
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Turn on recording feature for a session
  2. Join from user android app before host
  3. Audio/ Video disabled will be disabled

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Samsung Galaxy s9

Additional context
Was working fine in older version of sdk, probably in zoom-sdk-android-5.0.24433.0616, need to fix asap.

Hi @haider.saleem,

It sounds like you are joining a meeting before the host where the ability to join before the host is disabled. When you are waiting for the host to start the meeting, you will not be able to send your audio or video. More information on this feature can be found here.

That being said, I’m not sure why you are hearing the recording message while on the join before host screen, as this is not a meeting that can be recorded. Can you please clarify how you are enabling/disabling recording?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Joining before the host is not disabled, and if I use old version of sdk like zoom-sdk-android-5.0.24433.0616 then I’m able to start audio/video before the joining of the host.

The issue is only with latest versions of sdk, and also latest sdks work fine with those sessions which have recording disabled.

Hi @haider.saleem,

v5.0.2 of the SDK is quite old, so it is entirely possible that the behavior of the Zoom platform has changed since then. In the latest version of the SDK, you need to be in a meeting to transmit audio/video. As far as I can tell, the behavior you are seeing is expected.

The behavior changing based on whether recording is enabled does not sound like expected behavior, but we still need the information requested in my last reply. Can you please confirm how you are enabling/disabling recording?

Thanks!

Have a look here.

Hi @haider.saleem,

Sorry, but it still is not clear what you are toggling when you test this. Is it just the local recording setting? Cloud recording? Both?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Cloud recording is what we are using right now, since the app is live we can’t turn it off.
However, on another account where we don’t have cloud recording feature there sdk works fine with session.

Hi @haider.saleem,

Thanks for clarifying that you are using separate accounts to test. Knowing this, it seems very likely that one account has join before host enabled and the other does not. As previously mentioned, it is not possible to transmit audio/video when you are waiting for the host to start the meeting.

Thanks!

Hi,

But we have disabled waiting room, and besides that we have same setting (Except cloud recording) in both accounts and also it works fine when we use old sdk with both accounts.

If there’s no waiting room then waiting for host to transmit own audio/video is meaningless, and if there is any such kind of changes are made then please provide the reference.

Thank you.

Hi @jon.zoom any updates?

Hi @haider.saleem,

As mentioned previously this is expected behavior when you are waiting to join the meeting. The join before host setting is different from the waiting room. Once you are in the meeting, you should be able to transmit audio/video to other users in the meeting without any issues.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.