Selecting the right approach for a business use case

Description
I’m seeking guidance on selecting the best fit Zoom integration approach and plan to meet business requirements.

Context
I’ve been tasked with setting up Zoom based services to facilitate 1 on 1 training sessions for a client. The web site will contain a module that schedules meetings between trainers and trainees. Our application will perform some “magic” behind the scenes to create a meeting before each session, and then send the meeting link to both participants. The is that neither the trainer nor trainee be required to log-in to attend the training.

On the tech side - the plan is to use PHP for backend and JavaScript for front end.

The ask

• Is the above doable?
  • Which zoom plan would you recommend? There will be concurrent training sessions taking place, starting from around 5 at a time, which would potentially scale up.
  • Which API/SDK/part of the Zoom integration ecosystem should I be looking at and working on to make the above happen?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I’m not sure, but based on what I’ve read in the documentation, the two relevant ones are OAuth and JWT. What would you recommend for the above use case?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @FuNinja,

Happy to help shine some more light on this for you. As a first step, can you check out my thread here (it’s a similar use case in some ways):

For your specific use case, if you will be hosting concurrent sessions you, you will need to have unique hosts for each session. A host/paid license can only hold 1 meeting at a given time. I would recommend a Pro or higher plan for this:

Most likely, you will want to implement OAuth if you have a large number of users and they’re not under your account. But please see my recommendation in the linked thread for JWT as well.

Let me know what additional questions you might have!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.