Creating many meetings for many users

In my company, we offer our customers to book all kinds of services. Now, we want to integrate ZOOM

in such a way, that our users(merchants) could create online classes and add their customers to the meeting.

Scenario: Our customer(merchant) creates online lesson and through our services, his/her customers

book this lesson. We then want to create zoom meeting and send out join-invitations to user´s email addresses.

We would prefer if we could handle everything regarding Zoom ourselves, meaning our users(merchants) nor their

customers would have to register in Zoom or involve in its setup in any way.

How should we go about it? Should we internally create Zoom App for each of our customers? Should we setup only

one Zoom account, which would handle all the users.

Summary: We need a solution, which would provide us with the abbility to create meetings, where there would be a “admin” and his

customers. None of the users would have to register in Zoom themselves.

Thank you for your answer

Best regards

Bruno Pfohl

Hey @brunikb,

Thanks for joining our Developer Community—I’m happy to point you in the right direction!

To that end, if you are implementing a service which allows a user to book a meeting or class with a teacher, I would recommend that you consider creating an OAuth app, which would allow you to programmatically create meetings on the behalf of your users, regardless of whether or not they’re under your Zoom account—teachers and students both.

This would look something like this:

• Create an OAuth App: this will allow users to authorize you to take actions (schedule or invite to a meeting) on their behalf.
  • Create these meetings via API: you can create a meeting by utilizing our Create Meeting API
  • Designate the teacher as the host of the meeting (class), by using the schedule_for field in the API:

• Meetings created via the Create Meeting API will return a join_url in the response, which you can use to send to participants (students) who will be joining the meeting with the teacher.

Alternatively, if you wished to do this more simply and it’s possible to have both the teachers and students all included as users under your own Zoom account, you could do this with a JWT app. JWT apps allow you to authenticate API requests on behalf of any users under your account.

Additionally, if you wish to embed the full Zoom Meeting experience within your app, including the video functionality, you can implement our Web SDK.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Will

Hello, thank you for your response.

I managed to create an OAuth app, which creates a meeting, where I can join with host url and send out
join url to customers. However, I would like to figure out a way to send our customer an URL which would take them directly to zoom meeting (in web browser) without even filling out anything (everything would be prefilled from our data records).

Scenario:

• we have customer “Marek Honc”, with mail “example@example”

• We create meeting and send an invitation to address "example@example* Marek sees an invitation in his e-mail, which he clicks

• Marek is now on OUR website, where we provide him with Zoom meeting. He is already logged in to this Zoom meeting as Marek Honc, example@example

Basically, we want to make the user experience as smooth as possible. We dont our customers to be bothered by any registration proccess. Also, the fact that they stay on our website is crucial for us.

Could you please explain to me, how can I take advantage of “Registrants” feature. Do i need it in my case?

Also, i noticed that you have an API “programme”, where we could manage multiple Zoom accounts of our users all by ourselves. Can you please provide any details or point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Bruno Pfohl

Hi @brunikb,

Happy to help clarify these points!

First, I should note that the only way to send your customers/participants unique join_urls is to require registration.

Second, in terms of keeping your users in the browser, you can consider formatting your URL as follows to open the Zoom Web Client, instead of the Zoom App/Client:
https://zoom.us/wc//join?prefer=1&un={displayName}

As for your specific questions:

Basically, we want to make the user experience as smooth as possible. We dont our customers to be bothered by any registration proccess. Also, the fact that they stay on our website is crucial for us.

You will need to require registration in order to generate unique join_urls for your participants. Otherwise, you will need to use the general join_url generated in the Create Meeting API response.

Could you please explain to me, how can I take advantage of “Registrants” feature. Do i need it in my case?

For your use case, yes.

Also, i noticed that you have an API “programme”, where we could manage multiple Zoom accounts of our users all by ourselves. Can you please provide any details or point me in the right direction?

It sounds like you might be asking about our API Partner/ISV program. For more information on this, you can submit a request to that team here:

I hope this is helpful!

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.