SendAppInvitation is not sending app invitation to the waiting room participants

Currently, in our App, we are following the below steps, and all working correctly inside a meeting.

1. First get the participants list by using the Zoom SDK method (getMeetingParticipants).
  2. Further, send app invitations using the Zoom SDK method (sendAppInvitation).
  3. Then Participants click on the invitation and can use Guest mode to complete the payment.

Now we would like to enhance our feature and like to add the same service for Waiting room Participants. To achieve this I will follow the following steps:

1. Get the list of waiting room participants using the Zoom SDK method (getWaitingRoomParticipants)
  2. Further, send app invitations using the Zoom SDK method (sendAppInvitation).
  3. Then Participants click on the invitation and can use Guest mode to complete the payment.
  4. Once payment is done, it will auto-admin Participants to a meeting using the method (admitParticipantFromWaitingRoom)

I am getting the list of waiting room participants but Participants not getting the app invitation. so point 2 is not working for waiting room participants. however, it works for if participants inside the meeting.

Hi @shankit
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
Allow me to ask internally, I am not sure if this is by design.
I will come back to you with an update once I have more information
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,
Thanks for the reply, I want to send an app invitation to the waiting room participants, when they request to join the meeting they have to first make the payment then they can join the meeting. Can you please make it fast as my project is on hold

Hi Elisa,
Did you look at the above quiz? our developers are stuck at this point can you please provide a solution for this situation as soon as possible?

hi @shankit
Thanks for your patience here.
I was able to talk to some of my colleagues about this issue and it looks like this is expected behavior

The participant would need to be admitted to the meeting to use the app

Thanx for the reply Alisa. Is there any alternative in which participants can use the app befor being admitted in the meeting

I do not believe so @shankit

While participants are on this screen or in the waiting room, we can provide them with a link. When they click on the link, it will redirect them to a browser where they can make a payment. Once the payment is completed, they will be redirected back to the meeting.