Service Failed Error when I try to start share the audio

I have found if I manually copy ZoomAudioDevice.driver from my application bundle to “/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL” and then restart CoreAudio

sudo launchctl stop com.apple.audio.coreaudiod
sudo launchctl start com.apple.audio.coreaudiod

And then launch my app and share audio, I no longer receive the Error: 3 issue and audio share works.

Obviously this isn’t something a customer would be doing.

But I am still unsure of how to achieve this as MacOS requires root access to install to that directory. Also unsure if this is something the SDK should be attempting to do or if it is something our client is supposed to do.

Hi @KieranAC,

Looking into this further, the only change you should need to make is copying the ZoomAudioDevice.driver file into ${YOUR_PROJECT}/Contents/Plugins. The build phase should not be necessary. If you are still seeing issues after doing this, we’ll need the SDK logs to further investigate. If they were not found at the path I previously mentioned, they may be available at ~/Library/Logs/${YOUR_PROJECT}.

Thanks!

@jon.lieblich

I was able to get logs of this after enabling sandboxing mode (Otherwise I couldn’t find the logs)

I confirmed that the built app that is running does have the ZoomAudioDevice.driver file at:
/Users/me/src/MyApp/Bin/Release/myapp.app/Contents/PlugIns/ZoomAudioDevice.driver

Logs are here:

Hi @KieranAC,

Thanks for providing that! We’ll investigate this and keep you updated as soon as we have any new information.

Thanks!

Hi @KieranAC,

We have identified that the SDK does have some unexpected behavior if the driver was manually removed from a device. A fix has been identified and will be available in the next release of the SDK.

Thanks!

Thanks for looking into this. Do you know when the next SDK may be available?

Hi @KieranAC,

You are very welcome! We are working on finalizing a hotfix release, so it should be available pretty soon. As always, for the most up-to-date release information you can check #new-releases or our release notes.

Thanks!