Set Breakout Room Options before StartBO()

In the UI, before the Open All Rooms is clicked for Breakout Rooms, the following settings can be set by the user:

• Allow the participants to choose room
  • Allow participants to return to the main session at any time
  • Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms
  • Set countdown timer

How do I set breakout room options before calling StartBO() in the SDK?

Windows Client SDK version v5.5.12509.0330

Hey @ratuthit,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

There is not currently an interface for these and would have to be manually created by the developer.

An attendee can leave the breakout room by calling LeaveBO()

This is not currently supported by the SDK and is on the roadmap to be implemented in the future.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks, Michael

How might developers create an interface for “Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms”? In the UI, the “Open All Rooms” button will move the participants into the rooms if the “Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms” option is checked. Because the SDK does not allow enabling the “Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms” option, the participant has to click “Join” manually when StartBO() is called. Am I missing something? I don’t see how developers can add functionality that do not exist in the SDK.

LeaveBO() - I cannot call this function since the participants are running regular Zoom Clients.

May I know when these functionalities will appear in the SDK?

Hey @ratuthit,

By manually adding in the interface, I mean you would create a function to iterate through the users and breakout rooms and assign them one by one. We do not currently have a way to avoid the “Join” alert.

I have requested the engineers to add a way to remove another user from a breakout room.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.