Set language and proxy server via cli?

Description
For a deployment on 1000 endpoints (linux) I need to have a possibility to pass language (german) and proxyurl to the zoom binary (again: linux).
I’ve tried using the zoomus.conf file, but it doesn’t work. Is there a way to call zoom like
zoom language=german proxyurl=http://test.xxx.xx ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi @scheele,

Just to make sure we’re on the same page—are you referring to using our Zoom Rooms CLI, or some other CLI interface?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom, I want to launch zoom as a command in linux (Ubuntu for example) like
zoom --proxyserver=proxyhostname:portname -language=german
that it has the the right settings while launching the first time.

I am not sure how you can launch zoom as a command in linux in such way. I am using on a daily basis, even on Zoom a proxy and it works just fine. Since I am working for a big company, I need to scrap daily large amounts of data from any site around the world which was a big challenge before.

@juliapiers, it’s common to pass parameters while launching apps. If you are on Linux just have a look into /usr/share/applications/. There are a lot of .desktop files, some of them pass parameters into a binary. And the Desktop Icons you see (located in ~/Desktop/) do this as well.

I implemented Zoom on a Thin Client (which is a read only FS, no persistency), so I have to configure the binary each time I launch it. And I have done it with Teams as well (using this parameter --proxy-server=proxyserver:proxyport).

So the question is: is there a parameter (or a conf file) where I can set this values. I found some ressources stating to use a zoomus.conf file, but it isn’t used as far as I can see.

Hi @scheele,

Thanks for clarifying. While it’s possible to install or update Zoom via CLI on Linux, I don’t believe we currently support launching the Zoom client in the way that you’ve described.

You might, however, consider posting this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.